Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fixed my power sliding door with just a few hours of labor.
The sliding door would open but it would not close by itself.
Mustang67408 was helpful with diagnosing the problem and the conclusion was that the control unit was bad.

Well, IMHO this repair was an easy one. The most difficult part was locating the control unit and figuring out how to get it out.

I took me about 3 hours to do the job, which included taking all sorts of pictures and writing up a little procedure.

I don't know how much the dealership will charge for this but I bet that a skilled mechanic can do it in 1 hour. Does anyone know how many hours they charge for this repair?

Robert

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
I fixed my power sliding door with just a few hours of labor.
The sliding door would open but it would not close by itself.
Mustang67408 was helpful with diagnosing the problem and the conclusion was that the control unit was bad.

Well, IMHO this repair was an easy one. The most difficult part was locating the control unit and figuring out how to get it out.

I took me about 3 hours to do the job, which included taking all sorts of pictures and writing up a little procedure.

I don't know how much the dealership will charge for this but I bet that a skilled mechanic can do it in 1 hour. Does anyone know how many hours they charge for this repair?

Robert
We get 1.5 hrs labor.
And a skilled TECHNICIAN ( I know personnally;) ) can do it in about 15-20 minutes :devil: :D as long as there is no baby seat in the back:p .

Congrats on fixing your door :tu:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts