Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm headed down to southern utah with some friends on Saturday to hike/climb a slot canyon. It was fairly nice out, and we were sitting right in the sun, so I decide to turn the a/c on. Nothing. Push the button and the light comes on, but no cold air and no compressor kicking in noises. I cycled it on/off a couple of times, still nothing happened. I have had that dreadful compressor grinding noise when turning the a/c on in the past (I took it to the dealer and they said 'normal', imagine that.)

Anybody have any ideas? I'm out of warranty now, but I did bring this probably up while still under. Just take it to the dealer?

Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you took it to the same dealer in the past and mentioned the compressor grinding, and they found nothing, I would certainly pursue the avenue of having the dealership fix it. How far out of warranty are you? I believe there are protections(within time periods) even after factory's warranty is expired. This is assuming the problem your experienceing now is the same as the one you brought attention to the dealer prior to the warranty expiring. Hopefully, maybe all the system needs is recharged due to a loose line or something minor, however; compressor grinding noises are never good. Good luck...

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Do a search for compressors failing on this forum -there have been a few threads about people having failures with the POS Delco compressors in their 05 and later Tacomas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts