Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I have an Ipod Shuffle and I have no clue how to connect it to my Stereo. I have a 07 Crewmax 5.7 with the JBL disc changer, the regular system, not the navigation. I see the AUX inlet but I don't know what this is for either. I guess i need to read the manual. Also if anyone knows about putting SIRIUS Satellite Radio in the truck, I'd love the advice. I see that one of the modes on the factory stereo says "Sat" , Is that for installing the receiver and antenna? I really don't want the wires and other receiver. Some have said the facory receiver only works with XM. XM doesn't have the NFL channel. Thanks for the help..:ts:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have been using my Ipod and the aux input. Just buy the cord that replaces the headphones and plugs directly into aux. Sounds pretty good too!

I have heard you can do this with one of those portable Sirius or XM Tuners, but have not tried that.

From what I gather you have to buy a Toyota XM receiver and fit kit to use the Satellite function on stock radios. Pretty lame if you ask me, as the cost to do that equals or exceeds a better aftermarket head unit. Just to ADD XM.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i just bought a cable that has a headphone jack on both ends and i connect it to my zune (better then a ipod imo) and i also use my sirius through the same cable

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Radio Shack would have what you need for the Ipod. Most any store that sells Ipods would likley have them as well. The Cable is called a "2.5mm Male to 2.5mm Male stereo cable"

When you say "boombox" it kinda makes me think you know nothing about satellite radio???:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Radio Shack would have what you need for the Ipod. Most any store that sells Ipods would likley have them as well. The Cable is called a "2.5mm Male to 2.5mm Male stereo cable"

When you say "boombox" it kinda makes me think you know nothing about satellite radio???:confused:

I REALLY DON'T KNOW ALOT ABOUT SATELLITE RADIO. But I did buy a "BOOMBOX" that my sportster slides into that plugs into a cig lighter with a movable antenna, and it says "SIRIUS BOOMBOX" on the side. SO THAT PART is right Einstein;)

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I REALLY DON'T KNOW ALOT ABOUT SATELLITE RADIO. But I did buy a "BOOMBOX" that my sportster slides into that plugs into a cig lighter with a movable antenna, and it says "SIRIUS BOOMBOX" on the side. SO THAT PART is right Einstein;)
Sorry bout' the boombox thing:D

Your "boombox" should plug in the same way as your Ipod. 2.5mm (male) Headphone on unit to 2.5mm (male) AUX on truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry bout' the boombox thing:D

Your "boombox" should plug in the same way as your Ipod. 2.5mm (male) Headphone on unit to 2.5mm (male) AUX on truck.
Yeah , but the boombox is very annoying, it has about 20 ft. of antenna wire and 20 ft. of power wire. Not to mention the stability and the radio being in the back floorboard. I just got off the phone with a Toy dealership serv. dept. and they were taking :eek: stupid pills. No one knew if the factory radio could be programmed for sirius!! That would be ideal. Anyway, thaks for the IPOD help, I'll get that cord tonight.:ts:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts