Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start I'm really interested in upgrading my current factory setup and atm I'm totally lost in this world.

1) is it better to go with a pure one company system since it would be from the same company?

2)when looking at amps I've read about them getting hot b/c of the power they are putting out, how do you find out if they can keep their cool when working?

3)looking for double din units are some of the brands iffy or wouldn't be recommended?

4)what are good qualities to look for in equipment from h/u, speakers, amps and hopefully subs?

5)is there a good website that has a good guide?

Reason I ask these questions seems like most had a good point of refernce they started from and I'm trying to take starter steps so I'm not overwhelmed, plus here we only have 2 ok shops here period so I have to go out of town or crutchfield to purchase equipment through.

·
Registered
820 Posts
well I will try to answer some of your questions. I did all Polk audio speakers and sub, I would at least keep the door speakers the same. I have a pioneer 4100dvd touchscreen headunit, but just do research on the brand you want. Some off brands are not as bad as people think. As for the amp I dont think it matters what brand, but would go with a name brand. I used a 5 channel JBL GTO5355 and love it. Now a days most amps will keep cool, just dont block the fans and enclose the amp. I got some pics in my gallery of my install finished. Hope I was help to ya.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I went with a full CDT AUDIO system, outstanding sound. I havent gone full blown with subs and amp yet so cant put 2 cents for that. I can tell you that if you want some good quality speakers and such, dont always go with crutchfield. Crutchfield has good stuff, but a lil pricy. I shop with WOOFERSETC.COM, with them they cut the middle man and give a straight up price. Shipping is quick and customer service has always been good to me.
As red4rr had said, do good research on what you and dont under estimate the off brand names. I didnt know anything about CDT, and I love them now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts