Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question
I am looking to purchase a new 2010 Tundra doublecab 4X4 5.7l. I wanted the TRD SR5 but inventory is very low. I do find some Limited's out there. So, is the limited really worth the extra money and does a limited come with the TRD package. I know it has heated leather but I can install heat in my cloth seats.I have read in posts were the JBL stereo isn't all that. How's the navigation? How's the sonar sensors? Are the tires that come on the 20" rims better than the BFG's on the TRD package? I plan on putting a 4" lift with tires and rims so what ever comes on the truck will be my winter wheels.
Second question.
What's up with the Tundra inventory? My local dealers have had the same un-desirable trucks on there lots since before this recall ever started. Does the Tundra inventory always get this low at certain times of the year? When's the incentives going to increase on the 5.7 doublecab's?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if Toyota has continued production of Tundra's? If not, that might be the reason for low dealer inventories.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Tundra was one of the vehicles suspended and given the sluggish sales of trucks in general they are probably reluctant to ramp up production again anytime soon.

·
Registered
274 Posts
toyota is slowing production on tundra's for a couple of weeks now and i think in the summer. think they will resume next week or week after but will be producing less iirc. if one dealer wont find you the truck you want find another dealer. i did, some dealers think their stuff doesn't stink so find someone that will work for YOU.

my opinion and my opinion only, the trd package is a waste of money if your planning on replacing the components within a year or less. sounds like thats what you plan on doing so why spend 2k + on parts just to turn around and sell them? sounds like your going to be replacing most of the parts you would be paying a premium price for like suspension, wheels, etc. i didn't want trd, jbl, etc so the dealer found me a truck that had only what i want. yeah ive been waiting for it for over a week but its worth it. i didn't want the jbl system since im planning on replacing the whole system, same with the trd items. when i lift i will put shocks on, etc so i would finance parts that i would most likely sell at a loss - dumb idea. my opinion.

good luck

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ever since last year Toyota has cut production in half for most models (even more after the recall for us Tundra owners). On the flipside, its good news for current Tundra owners because its helping to protect our resale values.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered mine from a dealer in another state. Not only did he do the mods that I wanted, but he credited back what I took off the truck (wheels/tires). I should get the truck delivered in the next week or so. I will write a review of my experience then. I'm just saying there are options....don't settle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
On the flipside, its good news for current Tundra owners because its helping to protect our resale values.
Ha!

I thought that in our current 2010 situation, resale values didn't exist for the big bad Toyota.

I had a dealership try and give me 20k for mine even though it's less than a year old and has hardly any miles on it. Sucks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ha!

I thought that in our current 2010 situation, resale values didn't exist for the big bad Toyota.

I had a dealership try and give me 20k for mine even though it's less than a year old and has hardly any miles on it. Sucks!
Already trying to upgrade??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Already trying to upgrade??

Actually, I was kicking it around. My only regret is not getting the 4x4. I figured I'd hit up a dealership in LA to see if I could get into the exact same truck I currently have but it being a 4x and if it would end up being not too bad on the checkbook I'd go for it. Needless to say, after getting the quote I realized I can live without going too far off road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts