Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03' tundra 4x4 and just picked up a set of racerunner coilovers for the 96' - 04' tacoma because of a good deal. So first off these will bolt in no problem i am assuming, correct? are the coil springs the same on the tacoma as they are on the tundra?
Is the only difference between the tacoma shocks and tundra shocks just the valving? and if so will It be a big noticeable difference that I should get it revalved?
what should I put the collar/lift height at so It wont be to stiff eliminating travel and wont get spring slap?
thanks for the help
Paul

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have an 03' tundra 4x4 and just picked up a set of racerunner coilovers for the 96' - 04' tacoma because of a good deal. So first off these will bolt in no problem i am assuming, correct? are the coil springs the same on the tacoma as they are on the tundra?
Is the only difference between the tacoma shocks and tundra shocks just the valving? and if so will It be a big noticeable difference that I should get it revalved?
what should I put the collar/lift height at so It wont be to stiff eliminating travel and wont get spring slap?
thanks for the help
Paul
im pretty sure they have to be revalved and you might want to check with Swayaway to see if you need a tundra top plate to be able to bolt them up top correctly.

·
Registered
803 Posts
they wont bolt up, the top mounting serfice is different. but yes u can make them work, get the total chaos upper coilover mount for the tundra. they will be soft on the tundra if you dont change the valving, also teh spring might not be heavy enough. depends on the coilover look and see wht the spring rate is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts