Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been lurking here for a few months while doing some new vehicle research. I bounced back and forth from the Frontier to the Tacoma and decided the Tacoma was the better one for me. :D

I've done a lot of reading, so I'm adding the 3M clear bra, bugshield and running boards to help protect the paint. And I'm getting a tailgate lock. :mad: The only other accessory I'll probably get is the roof rack - at some point in the future I'm going to get a kayak to strap to it. :eek:

By late August I'll have enough truck money set aside to pay in full for a new Tacoma double cab TRD Off-Road in Speedway Blue. :devil:

Every few weeks I keep building the same truck over and over on the Toyota site (silly, I know!) and it seems every time I do, the option packages keep changing - little things like floormats were included, now they're not, etc.

I want Option D, and this is what is currently listed:
TRD Off-Road Package includes SR5 Package 2 plus off-road tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail T/A tires, locking rear differential, engine skidplate and fuel tank protector, front tow hook, 115V/400-watt deck mounted power outlet, multi-function overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, sport seats with sport fabric and driver's lumbar support and sport fabric, and TRD Off-Road graphics, Towing package

When I went to the dealership a month or so ago, I asked if it comes without the sliding rear window, and they said they didn't think so. But I only see the sliding rear window listed for the Option E Sport Package.

So which is it? :confused:

·
Registered
141 Posts
My '06 with SR5 package #2 has a sliding window. I don't have either TRD package. But as you said, the packages seem to change, so it could be completely different in '07.

If you have a dog, the sliding window is great. If not and you don't need the slider that badly, then I can say a solid window with rear defroster is a fine thing to have, too. There have been times when I wished for a rear defroster in mine.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes, all the 2007 Tacoma Off-Road/Sport/SR5 do come with the sliding-glass window. Unfortunately, you made the mistake of asking the dealer.. my personal experience with most dealer's is that there knowledge is extremely limited. Personally, I find many uses for my sliding-window, especially when I'm hauling any longer than 6ft long (cooper pipes/2x4's, etc..). You can go to Edmund's.com to verify this, just click the info link next to anyone one of the packages and it will tell you whats included.Good luck..

2007 Toyota Tacoma optional equipment at Edmund's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts