Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Rohwer Flats OHV Trails in Santa Clarita with my buddy to ride his dirtbikes and at our rest time I had some nice fun with my 4x2 Tundra :D

I noticed that my buddy's Titan has a thing that locks the tailgate when it is down so it doesn't flop up and down when driving.... The Tundra doesn't, so I had to tie that tailgate down to the trailer hitch, which explains the rope hanging off the back lol. If the tailgate can be locked on the down position on our Trucks, please make me look like a jackass and tell me how to lock it down ;)

Oh yeah, I couldn't take a photo but I saw a Silver 2000 or so Tundra Prerunner on the 14 at around 9pm.... Thing was a BEASTTTTT!!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I noticed that my buddy's Titan has a thing that locks the tailgate when it is down so it doesn't flop up and down when driving.... The Tundra doesn't, so I had to tie that tailgate down to the trailer hitch, which explains the rope hanging off the back lol. If the tailgate can be locked on the down position on our Trucks, please make me look like a jackass and tell me how to lock it down ;)
You could git something like an Insta-Gate to hold the tailgate down...kinda pricey option though.

You could also probably make a custom pipe that you could slip over the support cables...keeping it from flexing/bending. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts