Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: My beloved '00 Tundra was totaled a few days ago........t-boned in the prime of life. My son was driving, not his fault, thank God. He will be okay eventually I hope, spine injury. Seventeen years old is way to young to have severe back problems.He was hit in the driver side door by an F250 diesel. Put the armrest in the drivers seat. The impact tweeked the cab so bad it cracked the dash. Blew all the glass out of the door into the cab, luckily he didn't see it coming so wasn't looking in that direction, could have lost his eyes.

I did not want to buy a new truck just yet but need something to tow with and am spoiled with the SC so after agonizing over the decision for several days ordered an '07 with the 5.7 mill. It's the only way to stay Toyota and still have all the power I need (and crave) without building a new truck out of a used '00. I am currently driving a rented Titan which reminds me daily of why I am a Toyota fan. Sounds like it will be 4 to 6 weeks to get the '07 but I figure the wait will be worth it to get it built to my specs.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Sorry for your son,but things like that happen for reasons beyond our control :td:

Best Wishs for a speedy recovery

·
Life with the awesome Tundra
106 Posts
Truely am sorry for your son and hope for a quick and speedy recovery. What happened did the F-250 run a red light how did it happen? :td:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your condolences. I am taking my son to Shriners childrens hospital in Sacramento this coming Thursday, hopefully they can help him. He was already having problems with scoliosis, this just compounded everything.

There were three vehicles involved. My son was driving down main st. in Susanville which is hiway 36 and four lanes with a center turn lane. He was east bound in the south lane. A commercial van pulled out in front of him from the same side of the street and headed west at the same time as a 3/4 t Ford pulled out from the north side of the street and headed east. The van clipped the left rear of the Ford somehow caused him to hit my son. They (the van and Ford) collided in the center turn lane. It seems to me that the impact of the van on the Ford would have spun him away from the south lane. The kid driving the Ford said the impact kind of tipped him in that direction but it's hard for me to figure.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Sorry to hear this news. I hope for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Best wishes for your son to have a speedy and full recovery. Hardware can be replaced.

·
Registered
417 Posts
ahh that sucks im 20 and my back and neck is tweaked for good from my accident its not fun see my sig for what happen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts