Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a moment of weakness and bad judgement this morning, I decided to wire my aftermarket backup camera screen into an add-a-circuit on the fuse panel beside the driver (2001 AC). Various searches indicated that once the grab bar was off, the trim piece would practically fall into my hands. After wrestling out two T30 screws that were torqued to hold the weight of the entire truck, I find that the trim piece is going NOWHERE. How do I get this puppy out? What am I missing?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
It’s clipped in all the way up on the AC’s. Start at the top rearward most point and work your way down. It’s not too difficult. Once all the clips are out, you’ll probably have to slide it up out of the dash a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt response! I just came back in to report finding the same thing and to post for future reference by others. As you noted, there are four total clips, plus a couple of small junction clips where the a-pillar trim meets the aft trim piece at the b-pillar (note two small holes at the left end in picture). I'm including a picture for future reference. As you say, it works to start at the b-pillar (sliding the trim tool under the trim to locate each clip) and work down. Once the piece is disconnected from the aft trim piece, a little "fiddling" removes it easily.

Again, thanks very much for your quick help. I love this forum.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks for the prompt response! I just came back in to report finding the same thing and to post for future reference by others. As you noted, there are four total clips, plus a couple of small junction clips where the a-pillar trim meets the aft trim piece at the b-pillar (note two small holes at the left end in picture). I'm including a picture for future reference. As you say, it works to start at the b-pillar (sliding the trim tool under the trim to locate each clip) and work down. Once the piece is disconnected from the aft trim piece, a little "fiddling" removes it easily.

Again, thanks very much for your quick help. I love this forum.

Steve

No problem. Any help I can provide I will. Did interior R&I for a couple years so I’ve learned quite a few tricks. I personally try not to use trim tools unless they’re necessary. They usually mar the surface a little bit. Need any more help with interior stuff, send me a DM and I’ll help if I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts