Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've called a few places orignally I wanted BGF at's but I'm not getting new rims and I want a nice size tire. I found that the toyo open country ats come in the size I need which is 285/75/18. I wondering your thoughts on this tire. and also do you know anyother tires that come in this size. I kind of want an agressive look. but I need to stay with a size around 35 x 11.5.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Even though I do not have my truck yet, and won't for sometime, I have been researching tires for a couple weeks. I am looking for the same style as you.

I believe most of us want something a little unique. With that said, I am hesitant to post my choice:p Just kidding.....that's what the forums are about.....helping other's.IMO. Seriously though....it seems like everyone is going with the BFG's, and for good reason. The sizes seem almost perfect in regard's to height and width.

The tire I have chosen is set to be released between May 14-May 25 according to the manufacturer. The size is LT305/60R18 (32.6/12.1), the manufacturer is Mickey Thompson. It is only a 6 ply tire...is this good or bad?

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
We put a set of Toyos on one of our work F250 4X4s and they were a great tire. They weren't too loud and looked good too. We towed a 10,000 pound trailer and they were great (E load rated).

Those MTs are sexy.... :eek:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the toyo AT 285/75/18 are 10 ply e rating.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have run Toyos on most of my cars. I usually use the Proxes T1-R. Grip in the wet and dry were excellent, excellent cornering, superb stability.

Their brand is definitely a top contender for replacement rubber on the Tundra.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts