Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking here for some time and enjoyed reading everything you guys post :)

Today I drove home my first Toyota, a Tundra CM Platinum 4x4. I traded in my 06 F-150 Lariat which was my 4th Ford truck. Obviously all the bad press about Toyota did not scare me ;)

I have a grand total of 60 miles so far but I can tell already this is a solid, well built machine.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Press the accelerator....feels better, doesn't it. :heh:
Well there was a lot I liked about my Ford but the results I got from pressing the accelereator pedal was not one of them. When I looked at the 2010 F-150 there was a lot to like, an aweful lot! But it still had the weak 5.4 under the hood.

I use my truck 2 ways, a daily driver with frequent light loads and on the weekends to tow a bass boat. The towing (21 foot/dual axle boat) is something I am really looking forward to trying.

Although I have not yet looked through the owners manual (4" thick :)) on all my past vehicles they all recommended not to tow until at least 500 miles were on the clock.

I should put about 150 on today. :biggrin1:

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
Enjoy your truck. Drive short and long distances, different speeds, some slower, some faster avoid wide open throttle until at least 500 miles, then even when you tow, don't just keep it at one speed. You'll LOVE towing with this truck. Good choice, IMO :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Second what Frankie sez...and a CM Platinum 4x4 bet its got some nice chrome on it too. :)

A couple of pics would be really helpful too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Points for joining TS... now I give you about a month before M.A.D. hits...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats on the new truck bro! What are your plans for her?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have been lurking here for some time and enjoyed reading everything you guys post :)
In some ways that sounds disturbing. You've read our dribble and yet you stayed?? :eek:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Congrats on joining the other side! I don't blame you for wanting to get away from that tired old 5.4l. Welcome and post some pics!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I have been behind the wheel for 3 days and absolutely love the truck.
I am in outside sales so this ride, like all my rides will, will see a ton of miles.

I have yet to mash the pedal, taking things nice and easy. I am at the 300 mile mark as of Saturday morning and really wanted to go fishing today; but I have not hit the 500 mile mark :mad:

I do have 2 questions for the group:
1) This is probably just me needing to get used to a new truck (not a Ford:D) but the gas pedal seems short meaning when I get comfortable it hits my foot in an odd spot.
Did Toyota shorten the pedal as a result of the supposed floor mat issue?

2) I am not that impressed with the Platinum floor mats ability to protect the carpet, especially on the drivers side where it seems on the small side to me. SO with that in mind has anyone used the weather tech product and how are they in general

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yea they probably did shorten the gas pedal on your truck, not much you can do about that one. I have the toyota All-weather mats and they work pretty will for keeping dirt, snow and slush off the trucks carpet and they look pretty nice with "TUNDRA" molded into them.

But if your gonna have people in the back seat and those folks that cant seep to keep there feet on the mats, then id say go with the Weather Tech ones because they're gonna cover much more carpeted area and will save you some carpet shampooing later on.

Hope you love the truck, and the 5.7L tows great with the tow-haul mode and sequential shift, i tow a 9K toy-hauler and the Tundra makes it quite enjoyable. Best of Luck, welcome to the madness. :tu: haha

Hope you love the truck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rondoz.. The Weather Tech mats are a little pricey -but worth it. I love mine.

Also I just installed the TRD Sway Bar and I really like it.

Post some pics of you truck when you can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts