Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of today, Towing has become the most active (in both thread count and post count) of the 2nd tier Technical Forums here at TS. By 2nd tier I mean the "niche" tech forums that were created during or after the big TS.COM forum reorg a couple of years ago...namely Towing, Brakes, Aftermarket, and GPS. About 5 months ago, Towing passed the Brakes forum in total posts...which itself is a bit remarkable because everyone uses their truck's brakes but not very many actually tow. But until today there were always more threads in Brakes than in Towing. Guess we tend to stay on topic a little better. ;)

A little history to illustrate why this is a notable occasion: After I arrived here at TS back in '03...and before I managed to persuade the site admins that Towing should have its own forum (a loooonnng story in its own right), posts concerning towing issues were spread all over the place. Mostly they got stuffed into Suspension and Axle forum (apparently the moderators back then figured that the solution to all towing issues was stiffer springs on the truck :p)...or the Engine forum (for those who wanted more oomph)...or the Electrical forum when the topic involved brake controller wiring. It should come as no surprise that people looking for answers for their towing questions would get real frustrated, real fast.

After I finally got the go-ahead to set up a Towing forum for all towing related issues I literally had to go through thousands of threads in 4 different forums and find, then manually move every towing related thread to the new forum. Although a rather large effort, it was worth it because it got us up and running with a good set of threads.

And since then it's been getting more and more active with each passing month. And that's mostly because of the really great participation from you folks. Ok...and probably a bit of good advice now and then from yours truly. :eek: But most of our success as a towing focused community goes to you guys...so thanks muchly for the contributions...and keep 'em coming. :ts:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Thanks for all you do Ray,

I have been going to this towing forum for more info quite often. It does have some good info.

And beings i tow a lot, it's a great forum.

But there hasn't been a lot of action over here lately. I'll keep looking though.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you Ray! I am fairly new to the site, but I have found so much quality information in this forum, that I can't say how much time (and frustration) it's saved me! Keep up the good work and thanks for running a great forum! :tu: :tu:

Chuck

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,301 Posts
The towing forum has been a great help to me and I don't even tow.

RockyMtnRay, thank you :tu:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts