Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the title is not technically correct, the following photo was my Tundra towing one of our Powerstrokes to the Ford dealer for warranty work. Got plenty more photos of it today as it tickled me once I got it loaded and considered the whole situation. The look on the Ford dealer service-adivsor's face was priceless.

Long-bed 5.7L Tundras tow really great.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Too funny!! :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice that is very funny. 6.0 or 7.3????

Never mind I see the front end 05 and up = 6.0.

·
Registered
552 Posts
That picture is photoshopped, there is no way a Tundra can tow a heavy duty pick up like a ford or Dodge 3/4 ton, especially if they have diesels in 'em.

signed,
your local domestic enthusiast troll

J/K... just thought I'd make a pre-emptive strike for the domestic defenders :D:D

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The original sarcasm was lost on me, Firetruck41. That was way too good!

It was a truly grand drive into town.

I changed the photo url in the first posting because my free host shut down the image due to traffic demand to see it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's my F-250 6.0 Diesel Leaker I sold last week except it was a Crew Cab....it was in the shop plenty of times. Wish I had the Limited Crewmax I have on order now back then to tow to shop.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
2007 Toyota Tundra DC Longbed: $45,000
Trailer: $3000
Using the Tundra and trailer to tow dead Ford to repair shop: PRICELESS!!!

Post more pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Someone please photoshop in the new 6.4L decals and add some flames coming out the tail end.... :devil:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Awesome pic! better get out the umbrella for the diesel troll sh** storm!:eek:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While it looks impressive that my Tundra isn't squatting too much remember that the center of gravity loation on the trailer can be shifted by moving the Ford forward or aft changing the tongue load to an acceptable ride level all the while keeping positive download on the hitch for stability. That trailer is an H&H Speedloader with 12K weight rating and I like it mucho.

Diesel trolls don't bother me. Heck, I own more diesel pickups than gasoline types. We're flat done with buying new diesel pickups for now. Things are not as they used to be and the numbers just don't add up. The initial cost of diesel power package, the new EPA mandated fuel economy reduction and associated emission equipment up-charge, diesel fuel price $.40 more than gasoline, the inability to use all types of diesel fuel (they don't have ULS in Mexico where we travel occassionally), and overall maintenance & parts cost has effectively nixed the idea of us buying any new diesels for the foreseeable future. I hope things will change someday but right now the diesels are a mess. That's one of the reasons why I bought a Tundra. While the Tundra and diesel 3/4 tons can't be directly compared due to the proverbial "apples and oranges" argument, I theorize that most private pickup owners have more truck than they can effectively use and many times the same is true for commercial operations, albeit without the personal owner's emotional component of the pride of ownership. As an example I bought a container load of 4x4 Japanese mini trucks straight from Japan and make my employees drive those at work and park their pickups unless they have to go to town or do highway driving. We eliminated the preposterous action of cold-starting a $40,000 diesel pickup to drive 1/2 mile and get a hammer out of the shop.

I know there are many applications where a diesel 3/4 ot 1 ton truck still makes sense such as hot shotting and there will always be plenty of market for them.

·
Registered
935 Posts
We're flat done with buying new diesel pickups for now. Things are not as they used to be and the numbers just don't add up. The initial cost of diesel power package, the new EPA mandated fuel economy reduction and associated emission equipment up-charge, diesel fuel price $.40 more than gasoline, the inability to use all types of diesel fuel (they don't have ULS in Mexico where we travel occassionally), and overall maintenance & parts cost has effectively nixed the idea of us buying any new diesels for the foreseeable future. I hope things will change someday but right now the diesels are a mess. That's one of the reasons why I bought a Tundra.
Amen brotha! I was going to say something similar in my departure at thedieselstop but thought why waste my breath. Also wanted to add in the ridiculous repair bills I have had to stomach over the past year but why bother...

·
Registered
91 Posts
The look on the dealer must have been priceless indeed, especially seeing as you are located in Texas, where domestic fans would definitely be shocked to see a Tundra towing an HD domestic truck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hahah i could imagine the lok on there faces. im a ford heavy duty tech and whenever i drive my tundra into work all the guys rag on me for buying one! lol

1 - 20 of 139 Posts