Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 07 DC two weeks ago. This morning around 9am I get a 800# call from a survey group, they want to ask me a few questions about the recent purchase of my new truck. Sure I say. They ask me 3 questions and want me to rank my exp from 1-10.
The first, overall satisfaction. I gave an 8.
(Let me give a little background here, I wanted to talk to one salesman in particular cause I had gone to the dealer a week before and he was the one I met first and I thought he was a nice guy. But the day/time I went to buy, he was already with another customer so another guy helped. At the end of the deal, i decided I didn't like this guy. Nothing major, just a gut feeling that he was jerking me around a little and I didn't appreciate it. I kept talking about ordering a CM, he kept saying how I didn't need that big a truck for a while cause I didn't have kids and the DC was plenty room. He even showed my how tall his kids were and they were 10 and could fit in the DC with no problem. So I was a little peaved at his comments. I don't need some salesman telling me what I need in a truck. In the end though, i decided to buy the DC they had on the lot, cause I had already decided I liked that truck too and the CM felt a little pricey.)

Second question, would I recommend the dealer to anyone else? I gave an 8 also. Don't want to be recommending pushy dealers to my peeps.

Third question, satisfaction with the truck upon delivery? I gave a 2. I asked the lady what she meant, she said, was it detailed? I said, well no, it was raining that night and it didn't get cleaned, no ones fault, but it didn't happen. Also, i was told to bring it back at any time and they would clean it. I just haven't got there yet. She says, ok, thanks and all that.

Fast forward to 2 hours later. I get a call from the original sales guy, whining that they got this survey from me and toyota really looks down on them getting anything but a 10 and wanted to know what they could do to help improve my score. He explains that the deal gets entered as his, but whatever the other sales guy did, he couldn't do much about it, but wanted to know what he could do now to fix it. I told him about the detailing, so he was all about wanting to clean it. I'm thinking about asking for a few oil changes too.

I just thought it was a very strange thing, but could work out well for me.
I'm going to see what they may be willing to do for me, before I say anything else. Just wanted to put my experience out there for others.

bb

·
Registered
621 Posts
If I even remotely think a dealership is High Pressure sales I WILL NOT purchase a vehicle from them. The dealership I purchased from is very laid back. I have been purchasing vehicles from them since the mid 80's.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Always best to take it dirty. I insist on taking it dirty but I also promise them I'll fill out their survey with all "A's". They depend on that survey from Toyota, but if you explain the situation to them they will give it to you dirty. Best to take delivery of a dirty car than to have dealer installed swirl marks. Avoid the courtesy wash after oil changes too.

A similar situation happened with me. At a big local dealer here in town, I went in and told them I wanted a Silver Sky limited with TRD and Graphite interior. They had me sit at a table for 20 minutes in this giant atrium and came back with a purchase order for a White limited with tan interior and no TRD. He said this was all there was in the state right now but in all actuality he just wanted to sell me what he had or had coming in. And then told me I didnt want TRD and that Silver was hard to keep clean so I needed white, and told me they wouldnt come down one dollar off the sticker price. I kindly left and never even thought about going back. Next day I get the survey call about my experience and I was more than happy to throw them under the bus. Told the woman on the phone that was the worst experience at a dealer I've ever had. Two hours later I get a phone call from the new truck manager asking me what they could do to earn my business back and he was very sorry that happened. Told him I had already ordered my truck elsewhere and would never recommend them to anyone I liked.

I never understood the pushy sales tatic. 90% of people on that lot know exactly what they are looking for or else they wouldnt be there in the first place. The dealer I ordered mine from was by far the nicest buying experience I've had yet. A much smaller dealer but they were willing to make sure I got exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
161 Posts
hello, when i got mine the salesman was great ( very laid back -a pleasure to deal with)and after the signings the sales manager told me to expect a survey and that anything belown 10 would be frowned upon, so he wanted to make sure i was happy before i left. i thought the same thing ---" wow they take this survey seriously".

-----------------------------
2007 tundra dc 4x4 blue streak ltd grey leather 5.7 nav xm flaps and boards

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am waiting on my survey, I am going to slam the dealer. Happy with truck but not with dealer. If they catch me on a good day the dealer may get a 2.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This whole survey deal is BS. One man's 10 is another man's 8. Toyota can't just deny a salesperson money because the survey doesn't have a 10/10. And I think many of the other car companies are the same way.

·
Registered
378 Posts
This whole survey deal is BS. One man's 10 is another man's 8. Toyota can't just deny a salesperson money because the survey doesn't have a 10/10. And I think many of the other car companies are the same way.
I do not think that the salesman will be denied their commission. However, there is a reason and a business expense it is in place. I am sure that it is reflected in the salesmans employment file and may affect any performance bonuses. ?

I will give the truck a 10, and the salesman a 2, maybe 1. That ought to pull his average down.

Are these mailed to you, or phone call?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dealers seem to be REALLY big on those surveys. I always give them a 10 unless I have an issue.

I had an issue with one, I kept calling and calling and asking where they had put my trade-in difference deposit, the salesman would never call me back. They said they had done it (and they had), but I couldn't find which account they did it too, and they wouldn't tell me.

So after 2 months I sent the survey back with like a 4 score for the "salesman followup question."

A couple weeks later I get a call from the finance manager with the regional manager on 3-way. The finance guy was all in a huffy about my score I gave him, and said he wasn't aware I had an issue. I told him I had been calling my salesman but he would never return my call.

Long story short, the finance guy said he couldn't get his bonus now because of my score, and the regional manager didn't sound too happy with any of it.

My point: The salesman told me if I had ANY problems then I was to call him. I called him like 5 or 6 times over 2 months with no response, and if they have a problem with my score they need to go talk to him. The finance manager was obviously very upset.

3am that night, I get a call, person just sat there breathing. I hangup and *69 it... it was the # of the dealership. :confused: :eek:

·
Banned
223 Posts
I think first thing the next morning I would be going to the stealership and would be having a talk with them boys ......... It takes a mighty big man to call someone at 3am and breathe on the phone. :eek: F***ing gutless wonders.

I also would be calling Toyota corporate headquarters to give them a clue of how that dealership treated customers ........ ie. no followup and 3am phone calls.

·
Registered
357 Posts
3am that night, I get a call, person just sat there breathing. I hangup and *69 it... it was the # of the dealership. :confused: :eek:
if this is true call tms and tell them in detail.

Both calls were in poor taste, at the very least. They should never of brought up the point about not getting a bonus because of the score you gave. Doesn't sound like anyone involved should Be getting a bonus if you ask me.

They should of address the situation as to why they got the low score and tried to make the situation right by you and that is it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3am that night, I get a call, person just sat there breathing. I hangup and *69 it... it was the # of the dealership.
If that's true. That's just crazy!

Well, talked to the sales guy today, the one that would take the hit from my bad survey marks. He was very apologetic,saying that the previous sales guy was young and inexperienced. I asked him what he thought they should do.
He him-hawed around, then said they'd likely give a few oil changes. I'm supposed to wait until the next survey and if I have any questions I should call so we can discuss any confusion that I may have.

We'll see how it goes, I'm not going to give good marks just because it looks bad for him. If I had a bad experience, that's what I had. I am also not intending to screw anyone, but if he wants me to change my scores, he better do whatever it takes to make me happy.

bb

·
Registered
848 Posts
i got my toyta survey in the mail last week and i blasted them .. i have yet to recieve a call from anyone sence i bought the truck so i doubt i will ever hear anything

·
Registered
357 Posts
If that's true. That's just crazy!

Well, talked to the sales guy today, the one that would take the hit from my bad survey marks. He was very apologetic,saying that the previous sales guy was young and inexperienced. I asked him what he thought they should do.
He him-hawed around, then said they'd likely give a few oil changes. I'm supposed to wait until the next survey and if I have any questions I should call so we can discuss any confusion that I may have.

We'll see how it goes, I'm not going to give good marks just because it looks bad for him. If I had a bad experience, that's what I had. I am also not intending to screw anyone, but if he wants me to change my scores, he better do whatever it takes to make me happy.

bb
decide what it is worth to make you happy, be realistic about what you can get and call the salesman and tell him what you want to make you happy.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
i aint much for tlemarketers, so when toyota called my cell phone to conduct a survey, lets just say it didnt go well. im embarrased to say that i did my usual.

me: "and are you wearing any panties"?

survey chick: "yes".

me: "what color are they"?

survey chick: "none of your business, do you want to continue this survey or not"!

i have to admire her tenacity, she put up with my crap for at least 5 minutes. she finally broke me, i give her credit. i caved and told her i was pissed with servco's VPC supervisor (vehicle processing center). he jerked me around about installing an S/C on my truck. (another along story)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts