Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to replace the tires on my husband's 2003 Tundra. He's only planning on keeping his truck one more year so while we want a decent tire, it doesn't have to be top of the line. We live in a Denver suburb and need a tire that can handle snow with some offroading.

He's looking at:

Pathfinder A/T (Discount Tires)

Falken A/P

Dayton Timberline A/t

Mesa A/P (Big O)

Any suggestions or comments on any of these?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out Bridgestone Dueler Revos.
Bridgestone redesigned the Revo (to a Revo II), but you can still get the old style Revo. These are special priced by Bridgestone at $140ish ea.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check out the General Grabber AT2's they are a great tire. The work great in the snow and work well in the rain too. I paid like 130 a piece for 265/70/16

·
Registered
27 Posts
Never had any of the tires you've mentioned. I've got the best tires I've had so far on my truck now though. Goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade. Closing in on 30,000 miles on them and it looks like I have 3/4 of the tread left. Obviously not a choice for you if you're going to sell the truck in a year, but dam good tires none the less.

I've heard good things about those general grabbers as well though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Never had any of those you mentioned before..

I have general grabbers on mine, great tire and they are worth more i think then what i paid for them
which was around $120 each i think.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just put on REVO 2s for $650 out the door. Also, there is still a couple weeks on their promotion. $100 prepaid credit card. I had the original REVOs and loved them.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I Just installed Yokohama Geolander AT\S on my truck very affordable and i am super happy with them (I live in Broomfield so i was looking for a snow tire too... PM me if you have questions....

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have toyo's a/t and they are great , it's been 3 years and they 're getting close to replacement. I had Yokos geos and they didn't last more than two.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just put on some Firestone Destination A/T's. So far I love them. Got top rating from the reviews on tirerack.com
I bought the same tires after extensive research.

I love 'em, too, and they cost $40 less (per tire) than tires that rated just as highly as the Destination A/T's.

They're probably the best bang-for-your-buck A/T tire out there right now. :tu:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts