Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my 2015 sequoia that I acquired about 3 weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. So much so I have committed the large investment and up upgraded the wheels and tires while the old ones were in perfect condition.... I think I started a build

First day home

How she sits currently

Interior

Maxpider all weather mats
All 3 rows. Very happy with them. Like them more than the weather techs I had in my xterra.

Exterior

Tundra trd rims with Nitto terra grappler G2s 285/75r18 (34.8x11.2 inches)

Hopefully more to come soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am looking for the black TRD version of those wheels! Looks Sharp!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for the black TRD version of those wheels! Looks Sharp!!

Thanks trd sequoia. The black are awesome. My wife really liked the two tone so they instantly became my favorite :), and I found a set promptly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do these rub at all? Looks like you are not lifted correct? And could you take a pic from the back showing how far the wheels push out from the fender wells?

Thanks! Looks great and I am trying to decide what to do to mine as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mrmoto I am not lifted...yet. I'm only getting run at complete lock and if I back off a couple degrees it's fine. I do believe it is hitting something not permanent because of the sound. I will be investigating further this weekend to see if it's fixable.

The wheels do not seem to be sticking out but you decide.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's the skid plate- you have to bend the front wings in some - I rolled mine up with big channel locks
I wish I would have went with the 285s! I like the look - i went withthe 275/65/20 (34.1x10.8) on my stock 20s.
Mine did not rub at all stock but then did after I installed the 5100s up front, then I put the revtek spacers in the back.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's the skid plate- you have to bend the front wings in some - I rolled mine up with big channel locks
Other options if the front tires are rubbing on the factory skid plate, and you want to retain a skid plate, is to replace it with a Tundra TRD Pro skid plate (I am told that fixes the issue, but I've never fitted one on mine) or an aftermarket one like I installed (ICI Magnum).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Little bit of an update in the last 12 months.

2.5” lift - Bilstein 6112 coil over out front
Dobsion 2.5” lift springs in the rear with Bilstein universal fit reservoir shock

SPC upper control arm

1.25” wheel spacer - temporary until new wheels.

ERG bumper and grill
12k winch
30” light bar

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks good Lutsie I just did the 6112's on mine and the 5100 rear with spacers. I love the combination.
Does the ERG bumper have the gap under the grill? Due to Tundras being different grills.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good Lutsie I just did the 6112's on mine and the 5100 rear with spacers. I love the combination.
Does the ERG bumper have the gap under the grill? Due to Tundras being different grills.
No, the grill is for the tundra as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts