Toyota Tundra Forums banner

A tree without a name build

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  lutsie87 
#1 · (Edited)
I have my 2015 sequoia that I acquired about 3 weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. So much so I have committed the large investment and up upgraded the wheels and tires while the old ones were in perfect condition.... I think I started a build [emoji16]

First day home

How she sits currently

Interior

Maxpider all weather mats
All 3 rows. Very happy with them. Like them more than the weather techs I had in my xterra.

Exterior

Tundra trd rims with Nitto terra grappler G2s 285/75r18 (34.8x11.2 inches)

Hopefully more to come soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I am looking for the black TRD version of those wheels! Looks Sharp!!

#5 ·
Mrmoto I am not lifted...yet. I'm only getting run at complete lock and if I back off a couple degrees it's fine. I do believe it is hitting something not permanent because of the sound. I will be investigating further this weekend to see if it's fixable.

The wheels do not seem to be sticking out but you decide.

#6 ·
It's the skid plate- you have to bend the front wings in some - I rolled mine up with big channel locks
I wish I would have went with the 285s! I like the look - i went withthe 275/65/20 (34.1x10.8) on my stock 20s.
Mine did not rub at all stock but then did after I installed the 5100s up front, then I put the revtek spacers in the back.

#7 ·
It's the skid plate- you have to bend the front wings in some - I rolled mine up with big channel locks
Other options if the front tires are rubbing on the factory skid plate, and you want to retain a skid plate, is to replace it with a Tundra TRD Pro skid plate (I am told that fixes the issue, but I've never fitted one on mine) or an aftermarket one like I installed (ICI Magnum).

#9 ·
Little bit of an update in the last 12 months.

2.5” lift - Bilstein 6112 coil over out front
Dobsion 2.5” lift springs in the rear with Bilstein universal fit reservoir shock

SPC upper control arm

1.25” wheel spacer - temporary until new wheels.

ERG bumper and grill
12k winch
30” light bar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.