Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This is my first post, and I just had to say hi.
My wife & I just picked up our new V-6 AWD Venza (2 weeks ago to be exact) and we love this car, we ordered it with all the options except Nav & DVD, it was an ordeal trying to get this car for sure, the 1st dealer we talked to said it could take 3 to 6 months to recieve, they told us that after we had already waited a month, so I e-mailed 10 other dealers with our specs and found Rogers Motors in Lewiston ID, the salesman there not only ordered us the car but made us and incredable deal, we got it in 6 weeks.
Well that is my Venza story
Later

Venza ready for PU 002.jpg

Venza ready for PU 003.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Congrats!! You picked the exact model and color I just did. I took delivery 1 week ago and love it! I traded my 03 Tundra last summer when gas hit $4.50 a gallon for an 05 Honda Accord. I never felt comfortable in that car. Road noise was bad, it felt cramped, and although it had good trunk space I missed carrying the occational larger loads.

I wanted something that would carry family of 4 comfortable, got decent mileage, could carry more then groceries, went good in snow and poor weather....and if possible some power. Wow...does the Venza fit the bill! It drives excellent, is comfortable, is designed very well with everything in reach, can enter and exit the car with ease without kicking stuff....and holly cow...be careful when you punch that pedal with 268hp and 6 speed auto. :tu:

This is my 4th brand new Toyota since 89 and I expect the same awesome reliability as the others. First tank of gas I'm averaging 10mpg more then the Tundra, with a rocket that has WAY more power. Get over the semi "station wagon" appearance people...its no wagon...this car makes perfect sence!!
20" wheels, an amazing JBL sound system, blue tooth, IPOD dock, 3 programmable garage door openers, power heated leather, FWD with hill assist and traction control that can be turned off, and gobs of room for rear passangers or fold down cargo are just a plus.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Hey all..... just picked up my new Blizzard Pearl. Nice..... Been driving an Avalon.... but already getting into the comfort zone with it.... it feels more stout and sure-footed.... Even the I4 has a nice acceleration - not as quick as the avalon but very respectable..... took six weeks from order to delivery..... From what I am reading elsewhere..... that is a good lead time to delivery..... here's a nice sigh of appreciation for finally taking baby home! :)

now it's time to check out the nooks and crannies and creature features.....

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Verndog, "You picked the exact model and color I just did"
Hey what can I say we both have great taste.
I Punched the Demo when we test drove a FWD V6 Venza back in Febuary and all I said was WOW!
We bought the car for my wifes driver, she has been driving Subaru's for many years because of the AWD and the fact that we live in an area that can & has got a LOT of snow (9'+ this year) we wanted a bigger more comfortable car for travel with AWD & a V6 so the Venza is perfect.
=======================
bobstcyr, Cool !! a 4 Cyl huh, I was wondering how responsive it would be, we did'nt want another 4 Cyl. car, all my other vehicles have V8s (except the fire truck) so I was never happy with the acceleration of 4 cyl Subaru's. Did you get FWD or AWD?
Later,
Levi

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I test-drove the 6 and the 4-cyl.....actually waited....and waited for the 4-cyle to hit the dealer lots.... to try it before I committed to the car I wanted..... the 4-cl has plenty of power (with 180-plus hp).... it obviously works a bit harder for a hard acceleration.....not as effortless as the 6-cyl but more than adequate.... and I had the Avalon to drive for years to compare..... don't feel I gave up much.....

I got the FWD..... I don't feel I need it - even in NH winters..... We have the RAV with the on-demand for starting in slick roads... but it kicks out at 23 mph.. use it once in a great while.....

There's only a bout 1-2 mpg diff between AWD and FWD - I really didn't want to add another computer in the car to network with the engine, etc..... not sure if it's a proven design as yet.....

With the tow prep, it's about 500 lbs heavier than the Avalon and still get a bit more mpg's.....

This is a solid, stout and a fun car..... We had a 98 forrester..... this IS NO forrester! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I test-drove the 6 and the 4-cyl.....actually waited....and waited for the 4-cyle to hit the dealer lots.... to try it before I committed to the car I wanted..... the 4-cl has plenty of power (with 180-plus hp).... it obviously works a bit harder for a hard acceleration.....not as effortless as the 6-cyl but more than adequate.... and I had the Avalon to drive for years to compare..... don't feel I gave up much.....

I got the FWD..... I don't feel I need it - even in NH winters..... We have the RAV with the on-demand for starting in slick roads... but it kicks out at 23 mph.. use it once in a great while.....

There's only a bout 1-2 mpg diff between AWD and FWD - I really didn't want to add another computer in the car to network with the engine, etc..... not sure if it's a proven design as yet.....

With the tow prep, it's about 500 lbs heavier than the Avalon and still get a bit more mpg's.....

This is a solid, stout and a fun car..... We had a 98 forrester..... this IS NO forrester! LOL
====================================================
Cool!
I got to say the more we drive our Venza the happier we are with it, I haven't found any down side to it (except for maybe the grill) we have had it a month as of the 8th and have drivin 2000 miles, its a 50 mile round trip for my Wife to work & back and she's diggin it...LOL...
Later
Levi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts