Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here has issues with birds flying around your truck and using it as their "target" practice. I swear for some reason my truck attract bird sh!t?:eek:. Regardless no matter where I park the truck @ work. As much as I like my truck I still would not want to wash it everyday :). Sorry gotta vent out somehow.....:cool::clown:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anybody here has issues with birds flying around your truck and using it as their "target" practice. I swear for some reason my truck attract bird sh!t?:eek:. Regardless no matter where I park the truck @ work. As much as I like my truck I still would not want to wash it everyday :). Sorry gotta vent out somehow.....:cool::clown:
You might want to look into a lightweight cover. Bird crap can really damage paint as I've found out.

JMHO

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
What color is your tundra?

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
You might want to look into a lightweight cover. Bird crap can really damage paint as I've found out.

JMHO

Dan
What he said.

I bought my Tundra used, and afterwards discovered that a Bird Bomb had etched itself into the Clear Coat on the hood. :cry:

Getting my hood repainted is on my To Do list.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Recently a mocking bird decided my Tundra mirrors are great perches to poop on. I was going to try and shoot him with a BB gun, but in the last week he finally stopped. Every morning he would poop like 12 times on my truck and my wife's new Accord. If it starts again, the bird dies!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
89 Posts
This sounds dumb, but...

I had problems w/ birds using my truck as a toilet for a while. It stopped when I bought a new sun visor-screen-thingy for the windshield. I got the tacky reflective chrome one. I pull it across the windshield & the birds quit pooping on my truck. I've run a couple trials & this really does seem to be the key to keeping them away. Maybe the reflected light scares them away.

I figure it might be worth a try for $5:tu:

Good Luck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This sounds dumb, but...

I had problems w/ birds using my truck as a toilet for a while. It stopped when I bought a new sun visor-screen-thingy for the windshield. I got the tacky reflective chrome one. I pull it across the windshield & the birds quit pooping on my truck. I've run a couple trials & this really does seem to be the key to keeping them away. Maybe the reflected light scares them away.

Good Luck.
The light def. is something the birds are afraid of, the farmers around here use it in the fruit trees.
I think one reason the birds poop so much on your truck is that they like to see their reflection. I had a bird that used to tap on my mirrors every morning.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This sounds dumb, but...

Good Luck.
The light def. is something the birds are afraid of, the farmers around here use it in the fruit trees.
I think one reason the birds poop so much on your truck is that they like to see their reflection. I had a bird that used to tap on my mirrors every morning.
Hmmm..that's worth a try. I will try that suggestion. Thx :) :tu:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Just get even with them.

My wife called me a few minutes ago and says, "When you get home tonight, I need you to get the bird out of the grill of my car." I said what? She said the bird got in her way and she hit and it was stuck in her grill. I asked her if it was a buzzard or a sparrow. Thankfully, she said sparrow. Won't know until I get home, but hopefully it didn't hurt anything...except the bird.

·
Registered
13 Posts
haha

my front yard tree has been dropping pollen and little soft balls all over my truck along with the birds that sit in it. Get a good wax job on it and detailer works wonders. :tu:

We used to have a bird feeder until we noticed the bird poo incidents went up 500%. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
i know this may sound dumb but...

try setting up a bird feeder away from your vehicles. be sure it is just far enough, or out of sight (as in just around the corner) so that the birds will not use your mirrors as a resting/pooping spot. and or create a better roosting place with a mirror for the birds to stand on.

i like the shotgun/bb gun remidy myself, but you rish=k hitting your vehicles, and the wife might think it mean. im sure it is prolly unlawfull. :eek:

i used to have problems with java finches pooping on my mirrors, however, ever sinse my neighbor set up a bird feeder across the street, my truck has been bird sh!t free.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
haha i felt like an idiot after this one, but for about 3 days straight there was bird droppings all along the rim of the bed on my truck, and i couldnt figure out why all of a sudden this was happening, then my friend looked in the bed and there were 3 bags of hamburger buns! I forgot that i had a cookout for a school football event and i forgot to take out the buns! so, dont leave bread in your truck!

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
I'd buy one of those bug zapping devices and then rig it to a bird feeder. Takes care of bugs and birds at the same time! :D

On a more serious note, a feeder and/or windshield visor just might work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
About a month ago I was driving back to work after my lunch. So there I am cruising along at @75 on the 91fwy in Riverside, when all of a sudden i see this white blur coming in from the left. Yup, it was a seagull. And SMACK!:eek: I nailed that SOB; saw it rolling along the fwy behind me in the mirror. Felt bad for a second, then remembered all the bird crap on my truck and the many times it has eaten away the clear coat.

I guess the bird had the last laugh though as it left a small, but annoying dent in my bumper. :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Birds like to take out thier frustrations on Tundra's. Look what we get to drive while they have to work in order to get from place to place. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts