Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TRD Rock Warrior with 7k miles on it and noticed some oil in the garage today. I traced it to the right rear shock as was evident by the dirt collected around its shaft. There was also a drip at the bottom of it that I caught on my finger so I know thats it.

The truck hasnt even been off road yet and on nothing more then street/highway with no towing and just light hauling.

So there is a sticker that says "caution gas and oil under pressure". Is this normal or should I have it replaced at the dealer?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would take it to the dealer and see what they say. Thats not normal wear and tear and should easily be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Take it to the dealer for sure. Had the same thing happen on my 05 TRD Tacoma and they replaced it for me with no problems.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Warranty work for sure. You'll only be out your time...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah my time is worth a lot to me right now. I barely had time for a freaking hair cut, lol.

Well I wiped it down and went for a 10 mile trip to come back and find fresh new drips at the bottom of the shock again so it is for sure toast.

I started thinking maybe I should not have wiped it clean or they wouldnt replace it. I even thought about rubbing some oil back on to collect dirt, lol. Didnt even have to seeing as how it leaks a steady drip which is what I want so its a clear cut replacement and no dealer BS.

I'll be calling the dealer Monday, thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts