Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done my research here, and have decided to lift my truck, just wanted to ask a couple questions.
I am going to install Bilstein 5100's in the front at the top setting. With the help of my friend Rick (rlehan). In a addition to that I will install a 1" in block in the rear, can't decide on Revtek or Toytec, any advice? I will do the diff drop mod, and the CV boot clamp mod (as soon as I figure how). Last I am going to buy wheel spacers, dont know if I should go with 1 1/4" or 1 1/2". I dont know if I should get the Spidertrax or the Ebay ones for $80 less. Any advice will be appreciated.

Goal is to put Nitto Terra Grapplers on 285/70/17 with stock rims. Oh yeah also I plan on installing rear bilsteins too, but not just yet, is this ok to wait?

Thanks in advance
Ramg66

·
Registered
567 Posts
for cv boot mod just go to lowes and get some 4" pipe clamps and put over the big end of the inner cv boots. some people leave the original clamps on and just put the new clamps over them while some just replace the clamps. i took the stock clamps off my truck and replaced them. if your going to leave the stock wheels on your truck go with the hubcentric spidertraxx or equivalent spacer. i have the spidertraxx on my truck with stock wheels and 285/70/17's

Andrew

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Spidertrax. I don't need them, so I never tried them but I've never heard anything bad about them. Most guys here have run on them for years trouble free. I believe most run on 1.5" Do a quick search to be sure.

As far as rear blocks, they are just blocks. Revtek or Toytec, they will be and do the same. Price may vary from one to the other. I happen to like Toytec, they treated me well and I am happy with their coil overs.

Now, the rear shocks. Ideally you should get the 5100s on the rear at the time of or before you lift the rear. The stock ones will be stretching to make up for the 1" increase, this is just going to ride on the crappy side. The 5100's are made for that extra inch, and they ride fine on stock height rear(I have them on). I'd do it at the same time, but have an extra pair of hands and some vice grips, the rear shocks are a pain to remove. The new ones go in easy though.

Look up the brake proportioning valve, you will need to adjust it slightly when you lift the rear end.

Good luck, be sure to post before and after pics, that's the rule.:rules:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You don't need a wheel spacer to run a 285, they will fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts