Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on my wheels/tires and would like confirmation on tire size and an opinion on the wheels.

Going on an '06 Sequoia SR5 4x2. Black

Tire size - 275 -55/20. The system at the shop says they will not fit, but the guy and i have decided that there will only be an issue at full lock, does anyone disagree? If this does not ultimately fit, i will go with a 285-50/20 as the next best option.

There are 2 tire options i'm looking at-

I am leaning toward the Nito Terra Grappler for $209 a tire

The guy at the shop said he recomennds the Yokohama Geolander A/T - S, he said it is one of the better tires he sells for $179 a tire.

From what i have heard, it sounds like i will get longer tread life and the Grappler is an all around better tire, how do you guys feel about this?

Rims, going with 20x9 in Flat Black.

As of now i am leaning towards the MKW M19 0ffroad:
MKW OFFROAD WHEELS

My other option is the KMC XD Series Rockstar:
KMC Wheels and Rims including Rockstar, XD Series, Control, Dime, Stealth Venom, SS, Hoss and Custom KMC Wheels and Rims

Let me know if you have any clearance concerns, or any other issues with this set up for that matter. All opinions are welcome (aside from the black on black is played out).

This is my first SUV so i'm a little unsure of the best Tire set up, want to make sure it is correct.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, just ordered the MKW M19 Offroad's in flat black, 20x9. Decided to go with the Hankook dynapro ATM's because they had overwhelmingly possitive reviews, went with 275-55/20. Should be here in 2 weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts