Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my ABS Actuator (TOYOTA Tundra 2009). Does the new one need to have the exact same part number as the one I've got on my car or are they replaceable?

·
Registered
91 Posts
What are the symptoms of an ABS actuator malfunction, and how frequent is it?

I have an intermittent soft brake pedal that occurred 8 times in the last 2 weeks / 500 miles that my trustworthy non-dealer Lexus master tech says is either due to the master cylinder ($500 P&L) or the ABS actuator ($2300). He doesn't know which one it is for sure, but suspects it's the actuator having seen this presentation before. I'm trying to decide whether I replace the cheaper master cylinder first or go the more expensive route, which is why I bring the question to y'all.

Half of the times it has occurred I have been exiting a freeway, pressing the brake pedal to slow down only to find that it goes to the floor. I can stop the vehicle, but have to push harder than I would when it works normally. If I pump the pedal, the brakes work normally after the 3rd or 4th pump. The brake fluid is clean and full, the hoses are intact - no leaks. Brake pads are new (<15K highway mi). There are no noises. The Tech's inspection revealed no unusual findings.

2009 Tundra CMax 4WD 142Kmi
Bilstein 5100s set at +2.5in lift at 100K mi

Please tell me your thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts