Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any idea why an abs light would flash intermittently on an 02 Tundra?

This has been going on for at least a month or so. Sometimes when I start it the light will flash, but if I turn the ignition off and turn it back to the ON position, the light will go out. Sometimes it takes a couple cycles. I've also noticed that if I drive, it tends to go off after a few stops when I get up around 30 mph, but not always (sometimes I get to my destination without it coming on). Other times, it'll be off, then come on after a stop (light a stop sign or a stop light). Sometimes it'll come on several times in the same drive, sometimes it won't come on for over a week, but it always seems to come back.

I finally decided to do a little research, but I couldn't find much information. I did the pin 4-13 short to try to read a code. As far as i could tell, there was no code. It just made the airbag, cruise & abs lights flash at regular intervals (no pausing or anything like you'd see if it was flashing a code).

Anybody have any ideas? I'd hate to take it to the dealer and have to pay $80 for them to find nothing, since it's intermittent and probably won't happen when they check it, and no codes seem to be stored. Also... just a side note, I have a scangauge and it's not pulling any codes either (wouldn't really expect it to though, since it's an abs, not a check engine code).

If anybody can offer any help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Check your brake fluid level. Low brake fluid will make my E Brake light flash on and off, maybe it does the same for the ABS light?

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Have you checked the condition of your brakes? I did not see that mentioned. If you don't want to do it take it to a brake shop and let them inspect the brakes... maybe it is time? They should inspect for free.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The sensor(s) are not working correctly????????
Did you had the truck on a lift recently and turned the wheels???
I had warp rotors and my ABS light came on in the winter in the snow when using 4wd.
Now no snow, replaced the rotors, no more light.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The brake fluid isn't topped up, but it's about halfway between the min & max lines.

It may be due for a brake job. I planned on replacing the brakes & rotors this summer, but I haven't looked at 'em in awhile. I'll take a look at them when I get a chance.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Edit: nevermind... tried moving the discussion to the brakes section, mods didn't like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts