Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 05 double cab that when the AC fan was on it sounded like the squirrel cage was loose and rattled around. That truck was totaled and now I have a 06 DC that makes the same noise. It only seems to not make the noise when it is at the dealer.

Has anyone else heard this noise?

Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
there is a tsb out for this on the 04 model. i got a new one for free. don't know about the 06s.

·
Registered
560 Posts
How can I get ahold of tsb? I have an '03 and that same noise. My warranty expired a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I had a 05 double cab that when the AC fan was on it sounded like the squirrel cage was loose and rattled around. That truck was totaled and now I have a 06 DC that makes the same noise. It only seems to not make the noise when it is at the dealer.

Has anyone else heard this noise?

Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
if you still in warranty range, 3yr 36K miles, yes, dealer should fix. here is the TSB.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
This may be a bit oversimplified, and I may not understand exactly what you're talking about, but over the three years I've owned my truck, I've had to remove the fan and clean out leaves/debris causing noise in the squirrel cage. It's really a 10 minute job. Look under the glove box toward the firewall and you'll see the blower. There are three phillips head screws that hold the fan in place. Remove the screws and disconnect the molded plug that powers the fan. Carefully lower the unit and clean any loose material from it. I'll bet you have a leaf or something in there.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think it is from leaves since it did it driving off the dealership lot.

Sorry I am a newbie but what is a tsb?

Thanks again,

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
This may be a bit oversimplified, and I may not understand exactly what you're talking about, but over the three years I've owned my truck, I've had to remove the fan and clean out leaves/debris causing noise in the squirrel cage. It's really a 10 minute job. Look under the glove box toward the firewall and you'll see the blower. There are three phillips head screws that hold the fan in place. Remove the screws and disconnect the molded plug that powers the fan. Carefully lower the unit and clean any loose material from it. I'll bet you have a leaf or something in there.

Hope it helps
Thanks for the tip :tu:. My fan usually sounds like there's a noisy squirrel running around in there...probably needs a fierce cleaning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts