Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The flow control under the right AC vent on my dash has stopped working. I think that it happened the last time the dealer took the dash apart to replace the radio. The chances that they would fix it now are slim to none.
I really don't care all that much about it working, but it is stuck closed and I would rather it was stuck wide open.
Does anyone know of a way to open that vent without taking the whole dash apart?? I really don't want to do that if it is not necessary.

·
Banned
444 Posts
The Dash pieces easily snap off. which vent is it?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
. .

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'd yell and scream and stamp my feet.... well, not really, but if you think the dealer fouled it up, I'd sure give 'em the chance to fix it.

The worse they can do is say no.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
It's very easy to do. Just pull the gray plastic piece off, unclip the vent from the back and you can move the vent flow flap back and forth. Most likely the little plastic rod on the button by the rotary flow knob fell off or just unclipped at one end.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It's very easy to do. Just pull the gray plastic piece off, unclip the vent from the back and you can move the vent flow flap back and forth. Most likely the little plastic rod on the button by the rotary flow knob fell off or just unclipped at one end.
Yea this should work and the only reason I had to tear mine apart was my little rod had fallen deep inside so it was just easier to pull it out to get to things easier. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts