Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one else had the 'access door release' remain in the shut(closed) position after the driver or passenger side door is open? The first time this happened, I had not realized the latch remained closed, I could not get the access door open. Once you push the latch in a little farther the latch would only then release. This had happened a couple of times, mostly when the cold and the vehicle sits for a few days. Today, I removed the latch mechanism and sprayed some 'super lube' into the latch mechanism itself.. hoping this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was wondering if any one else had the 'access door release' remain in the shut(closed) position after the driver or passenger side door is open?
My "access" doors always stay closed and latched after opening the driver or passenger door...until I yank on the access door release handle.

Are you expecting the access doors to automatically pop open, after opening the driver or passenger door?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I'm refering to is the 'release portion lever mechanism' that allows the access door to open when you pull the access door release handle? The first time it stuck, I opened the driver's door and preceeded to open the access door with the access door handle. You can pull on that access handle all day but if the 'release portion' (black V-shaped lever located on the access door jam itself between where the access door and driver's meet) is stuck closed the access door will not open. This V-shaped lever is what is sticking closed on my vehicle. To prove this, next time you go out to your truck, open either the driver's or psgr's door and hold closed this v-shape lever and try to open the access door.
My "access" doors always stay closed and latched after opening the driver or passenger door...until I yank on the access door release handle.

Are you expecting the access doors to automatically pop open, after opening the driver or passenger door?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the same problem on my door. I took it to the dealer and they lubed it but it didn't help. What we found out is you have to pull on the top of the door release. If you pull on the bottom it doesn't open the top release for some reason. Just go out there and try pulling with 2 fingers on the top part and see if it helps at all. Let me know thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats exactly I don't like to take my cars back to the dealer. Everthing is a guessing game to them. When you need to fiqure something out you come on forums like this. Here's what I found out from a member over at TN, I'm going to try this when I get back home:
My truck had the same problem, it was very easy to fix. Just adjust the metal latches that the door catches on and it will stop sticking. I talked about it in this thread: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...=108107&page=2

I have the same problem on my door. I took it to the dealer and they lubed it but it didn't help. What we found out is you have to pull on the top of the door release. If you pull on the bottom it doesn't open the top release for some reason. Just go out there and try pulling with 2 fingers on the top part and see if it helps at all. Let me know thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just for kicks I gave this a try and sure enough if you put most of your pressure on the bottom of the handle it is very hard to open. I can open it with one finger pulling on the top of the handle. I never had a problem opening my door but figured I would give your finding a try and it is correct.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think this is the same identical issue. My access door would not open because of the V-shaped release located on the access door jam remains stuck closed. Try holding the V-shaped in and try opening the access door...you will see the door will not open no matter how hard you try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts