Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an Access LiteRider tonneau? Have you experienced any water leaks with it? I am getting a good deal of leakage along the front bedrail. There's nothing there to seal it. The front bar rests about 3/16" above the rail. The standard RollUp comes with an "Element seal" for the front rail, but the LiteRider doesn't. This seal looks to be very similar to a tailgate seal, though not quite the same.

I'm thinking about buying some tailgate seal to run a line of it along there. Has anyone done this? Did it work?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I bought a tailgate seal gasket at the local Truck 'N Stuff and ran it along the bedrail. When I bolted the front rail of the LiteRider back on, it squishes the tailgate seal down a bit, so I figured it would be a good seal. However, it rained all night last night and this morning I had about a gallon of water in the front corner of the bed.

I'll post pictures of the seal when I get a chance, probably on Sunday. It looks like I might have to do a smoke test to find the leaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There was some guy on the Toyota Nation forum who had this problem as well. You should check over there and see what he did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts