Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok- I am beating my head against a wall... I have a 2002 Sequoia Limited 4x4.
I want to jump a relay to have my accessory power outlets stay on all the time.
I cannot for the life of me figure out where this relay is. It doesn't appear in the driver's fuse box, behind the driver kick panel (there is a fuse there, but I don't think it's the right one?), Or in the relay boxes in the engine compartment.
Where is the dang thing???
TYIA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I am looking at it now. 1st, I cannot get it out. Pulling pretty hard, but don't want to break it. I did pop the little cap off though, so that should help.
2nd. This doesn't look like the standard relays... So, if I wanted to trigger this to be always on, how would I do that?

I was hoping to use this method here for the 4runner... But it isn't exactly the same.

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine done work for the 2 hr window. I thought it was a fuse, didn't look like a relay. Looks like I am going to have to run a wire direct to the battery... And make a dedicated power outlet.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota tundra access cab 4.7
49 Posts
I would install a add-a-fuse to the fuse box under the dash (left side), just locate one that's on at all times and run the wiring to an accessory outlet of your chosen location, I'm sure you can even add your own Relay using this method

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Ok- I am beating my head against a wall... I have a 2002 Sequoia Limited 4x4.
I want to jump a relay to have my accessory power outlets stay on all the time.
I cannot for the life of me figure out where this relay is. It doesn't appear in the driver's fuse box, behind the driver kick panel (there is a fuse there, but I don't think it's the right one?), Or in the relay boxes in the engine compartment.
TYIA.
IDk if this will help you or not. The attached is from my 03 Tundra 4.7 RELAY Box under the hood. Anyways, under the hood, Open relay box and see if its similar. Check out (K). Power Outlet Relay. Also, looking at you pic it appears the relay box is right behind the fuse box you had open. It has the letter "B" on the side of it. Hope you get it figured out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
For a quick check to make sure its the right one, turn on ignition make sure you have power to accessory plug, then turn key off, remove relay and turn key back on and recheck outlet see if power is off. If so then that's the one!
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia 4x4 Limited
495 Posts
If you want your power outlets to be hot all the time, the easiest method of doing so is to run a new fused wire from the battery to the location of the power outlets. You can either remove the connector on the back of the outlet and attach your own solderless terminals to the outlets, or you can cut the positive wires on the outlets and splice in your always-hot connection. You don't need to install new power outlets, just rewire the existing ones.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
ACC relay is on the interior fuse panel under the steering wheel on the back side. Pain to get to as you have to remove the panel under the steering column and an air duct. Mine just started clicking rapidly for 15 minutes while the ignition is on until I got home. Pulled it out for now. Is is just a bad relay?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts