Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes hi my question has to relate to rims and tires. I understand there are many different posts about them but it doesnt answer the problem I have. What I am asking is exactly what is a 33' tire because most guys will say oh its 305/60/and whatever rim size for example but the actuall diameter is not 33 inches. While a 325/60/ whichever rim size in diameter is an actual 33 inch tire according to measurement. So my question is this Exactly which tire size would be correct if I was to want 20'inch XD Monster rims with a 33inch tire? I have a 2007 Crewmax Tundra with the fat bob's 3 inch leveling kit which claims to have room for a 33inch tire. Thanks guys i will appriciate it

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just put 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers and Moto Metal 956 Rims on my truck. This is very close to a 33-12.50 tire. I have a 2.5 inch Readylift Leveling kit and had to remove the front mud flaps and bend the skid plate up on the edges due to some mior rubbing. Here's a link to a tire calculator to give you the actual diameters of tires.

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

Bear in mind this will vary by manufacturer but it will be very close. The rim width can also affect the final width and height numbers. You must also consider the speedo and gear ratio when putting on larger tires. Good luck!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've had the Toyo MT's 33 12.5 18 on my truck but they are worn and because of the aggressive tread design and uneven wear of the outer lugs my front end shakes due to this. I'm tired of the mud tires, they are great when they are new but when they wear down they are annoying. I'm looking to purchase new tires and want something slightly taller and narrower and more of a all terrain tread, any suggestions. Pro Comp has a good deal now, buy 4 get 1 free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts