Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
i am having some 4wd prblems with my 2002 tundra and the dealer said the actuator on the frnt differemtial is messed up. Anyone knows where i may source a used one?
Could there be another fix for this problem, the 4hi and 4lo lights blink.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
To answer your question, you can find one online either ebay or other toyota sites like TTORA.com. The front diff is the same used on tacomas of the same year.

The usual seems to be the shifting rod getting stuck within the actuator. Some have tapped the actuator to engage. If you remove it, you may have to add some grease to the shifting rod. Since the shifting rod is not fully engaging, the 4HI will blink. 4Lo will blink because 4Hi is not engaged. You have to engage 4Hi before you can engage 4Lo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey Mike
I was taking a look at the pics of the 03 tacoma front end parts. there is a pic that shows the manual hub diff tube - there are two pieces on the pic and I cant see the entire second piece. Can you post another pic that would show it completely.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I had mine go bad too. The dealership charged around $600 for the repair. 2002 Tundra TRD 4WD.

Scoob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts