Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks im having a problem with my 4wd its not working the light just blinks when i push the button i know the transfer case actuator is working because i had it up in the air today and when i push the button the front driveshaft begins to spin with the rear so i removed the front diff actuator and found out that it is not moving when the button is pushed so i am leaning towards that being the problem any way to make sure or do i have to just bite the bullet and buy one to find out is there anything else that may cause this any help would be greatly appreicated :sad3d:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fixed for now took the whole actuator appart cleaned it still wouldn't move so after putting it back together put it in my vice on an angle with one jaw on the actuator housing and one on the fork and squeezed it it moved a few light taps on the solenoid and bang 4wd works again ordering another actuator tommorow after i finish plowing

wish someone made a posi-lok for this p.o.s really begining to dislike this truck and if they do a rusty frame recall on this like they did on my taco i will not buy ANOTHER TOYOTA actually i think i have already made up my mind and it has nothing to do with their current situation and every thing to do with the poor quality that they put into the tundra face it this is a truck for people who dont really need a truck a subpar crack at the fullsize market

1 - 4 of 4 Posts