Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I recently purchased a 2002 1Gen Tundra. I'm loving that truck.

The truck bed already has 4 anchoring points, one on each corner. I wanted to add one on each side, along the bed length, to help me secure my bicycles.
I already saw 2 'windows' on top of each side of the bed, but using these as anchoring points would render my bed cover useless.

Are there hidden anchoring point (hopefully threaded, like the corners) already pre-built under the bed liner, or do I have to drill blindly and use screws?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
No hidden locations for tie downs . Just the four that you have seen. I have a Access roll up bed Cover on my Tundra which mounts and velcros inside the bed so my side rails are completely clear. I have retractable tie off connectors in those four openings. That type might work with your bed cover attachment spots.

Larry

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love everything about my '04 except the placement and lack of anchors. I'm a co tractor and it' s a major pain in the ass not being able to properly secure a load of lumber unless it's at least 18" high. Major oversight on Yota's part. I want to add anchors in the bed, but don't know if there is a spot that would be strong enough to handle a heavy load without bending or ripping out of the bed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Talk to a fifth wheel hitch installation place. They know the best anchor and support places to tie to the frame if needed. If they don’t know, no one does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts