Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 07 Tundra without the factory tow mirrors. Is there an add-on tow mirror available that clips on to the normal mirrors? I have found them for Dodges, Ford's and Chevy's but none for Tundras.

Aaron

·
Registered
216 Posts
Clip-on's cause a lot of mirror vibration (both mirrors by the way). Your best bet may be the low end OEM's for ~$175/piece tow mirrors. There are some stable aftermarket one's but would require straps, etc. that in my opinion are unsightly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a limited with auto-dimming, power folding, electric adjusting etc. I'm not going to to install the low end OEM tow mirrors. Looking like strap on ugly temporary mirrors is my best bet so far. I don't tow big stuff often, but we recently bought a 30 foot travel trailer.

Aaron

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I just found a CIPA 11300 part number. Says it's a clip on mirror for 07+ Tundras

Aaron

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well, "low end" tow mirrors still have electric adjust, heated, and turn signals/running lights...but for 2010 they did have the auto fold as well available, sparks has the part numbers. but they are very costly to swap out with that version...a strap on (hehe gigggle giggle) may be your best bet but just take em off as soon as you get done haha they are ugly...might even put undo stress on the electric motors that auto fold the limited mirrors...

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
well, "low end" tow mirrors still have electric adjust, heated, and turn signals/running lights...but for 2010 they did have the auto fold as well available, sparks has the part numbers. but they are very costly to swap out with that version...a strap on (hehe gigggle giggle) may be your best bet but just take em off as soon as you get done haha they are ugly...might even put undo stress on the electric motors that auto fold the limited mirrors...

:lol: You said strap on. :pound:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've tried several after-market solutions including both CIPA generic and the CIPA made-just-for-Tundra mirrors. The generic (universal mount) actually worked better. The Tundra specific CIPA mirrors just didn't fit well (one of our local shops won't even carry CIPA's Tundra mirrors because of all the returns). In the end, neither of the CIPA mirrors worked to my satisfaction.

Then I found these at a local RV dealer... Tow-N-See Towing Mirrors and they worked great. They stick onto the stock mirror surface with a very strong suction cup (and there is a safety cord in case it would come loose). You have excellent control over how they are positioned. And since it's attached to the mirror, you can aim it with the power remote. What a great idea. I bought a flat one for the left side and a convex one for the right side.

Tow-N-See Towing Mirrors

I am not affiliated with the company in any way.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Tried the Tow-N-See's on my 2010 Tacoma. Though a great idea, I hated how they vibrated - they caused the stock mirrors to vibrate. I ended up returning them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've only used the Tow-N-See mirrors a few times so far, but I didn't have any issues with vibration. I wonder how much the placement location affects that? I never placed the Tow-N-See mirror suction cup near the edge of the truck mirror. I had the cup located near the middle of the truck mirror and just overlooked the "blind spot" it created because the truck mirror wasn't showing me what I wanted to see anyway.

Clearly, add-on mirrors can be tricky and require some experimentation.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah, I hear you on the placement. I played around with it too to get the optimal location - more at the pivot point - which was close to the center but still no go at >55MPH on the highways.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just got the Cipa's for my 2010 Tundra. I tried them out on my way to the store tonight, up to 75 mph without any vibration. they fit very well and give a much wider view. For $60, they are hard to beat...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts