Toyota Tundra Forums banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed the audio controls , and I have a Rosen Navi head unit in my 2011 Tundra. I was hoping it will be a plug and play but nothing works. So it either the plug to the radio isn't plug in, or it is no plug at all. Where is that plug suppose to be? Any photo how it looks?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, I found a problem, I guess I have to go back and read the OP's first page , so factory white plug with 20 connection with has a Light blue, Gray, Blue, Green , Pink and white wires. That plug connect to the Rosen unit plug what it said " DP-TY 1083 Steering Control.
That plug only have 3 wires A black , Brown, Green. Those goes to the Rosen HU. Well non of them wired correctly so they plugged to the empty slot to the factory 20 pin connector.
So my question is, only 3 wires controls all the function on the steering wheel ? And if so, how to connect to them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need help please, my whole passenger side front panel is open, the airbag hanging both side :)
The JK1 male connector has no green or blue wires. and my steering wheel controls actually has 5 wires to go to that plug in the steering wheel. a brown, white, gray, white and red and blue. So I read somebody run the wires from the steering wheel plug because he had no green wire in the JK1 as well. So I have no clue how to wire or from, I don't even know which wire is under the steering wheel connected to the audio controls. Will you guys help me and possible with photos?

·
Registered
25 Posts
View attachment 44892 View attachment 44893 View attachment 44949
if you have no wires (or even if you do) you can make this work by hooking up your PAC SWI-PS adapter as follows:
PAC red wire: switched + (I used a 3M T-Tap and attached to the red wire behind my Pioneer AVIC)
PAC Black wire: ground (I used the black wire behind my Pioneer AVIC)
PAC white wire: Pin 6 connector J45 (circled in red above)
PAC white wire (w/ 560ohm resistor): Pin 5 on J45
J45 Pin 4: ground
J45 Pin 12: to illumination circuit (I used the orange wire behind my Pioneer AVIC)
Thanks for posting this info. Just finished this mod yesterday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to add some information,

The J45 connector does NOT use Tyco 1123343-1 as referenced elsewhere in this thread. 1123343-1 will not fit. Trimming the various tabs may work, but it did not for me.

The correct terminals for J45 are on the Toyota 82998-12870 terminal repair wire.
The correct terminals for K3 are on the Toyota 82998-24290 terminal repair wire, as mentioned by somebody else.

I found a guy on eBay selling what is supposed to be a functional equivalent to 82998-12870 for much less money than OEM. Search for ‘toyota terminal repair’. I’m not affiliated with the seller at all, and in fact did not even buy anything from him (I ordered all of my terminals in bulk from Japan).

The 82998-24290 terminal repair wire uses what seems to be a Sumitomo TS-025 series terminal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great thread! I tried the install this weekend and I'm getting close but no cigar. I have an 08 Tundra and swapped the steering wheel with controls. J45 was prewired with all the wires including illumination. Continuity was good between the grey, lt blue and lt green at J45 all the way to JK1. I ended up grounding Pin 6 (lt blue wire) and the controls lit up on the wheel as expected but still no controls work. I have this http://www.amazon.com/YINUO-Capacitive-2007-2013-2008-2014-Navigation/dp/B012BXPBHA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 that I installed a short while ago and the SWC are supposed to be plug in and play but I think that is where the problem lies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I have my 07 DC without JBL all wired up. I brought the light green and gray wire from JK1 to K3. Pin 7 and 8. Sky blue wire from JK1 was wired straight to ground in the right kick panel. Steering wheel lights up and the PAC recognizes the switches when I press them. It won't change anything though. Volume up or down. Nothing. It registers on the PAC when I press the button though. Anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I am going to remove the taps into the gray and light green of JK1 and move them over to J45 inside the steering column. I have two gray wires and two light green wires in JK1 and honestly can't find out which one I need to use. The PAC registers me pushing the buttons on the steering wheel, but nothing happens with the Headunit. So yeah. Hopefully it works.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone fully sorted out the required procedure for getting an aftermarket headunit wired up for a non-JBL equipped Tundra? I already have the steering wheel with the built in controls installed, just need to know the wiring procedure? Also, the linked nav-pdf has been broken that was referenced on the opening page. Any assistance would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up ordering mine from the guy on Ebay and shockingly for the risk of $55 it actually arrived. I ordered it on December 30th and it arrived this past Thursday. It is an OEM quality part. Now for the fun part.

When i look at my harness that everyone is calling JK1 (The lower harness) I do not have the light green, and light Blue wire. Mine are Red, Gray, Black, (2) Yellow, Peach, White, And (2) purple.

The upper harness in this connection has (2) green, (2) pink, light blue, medium blue, white, and black.

Could it be possible mine are reversed on a 2013?

Do you have a picture of what your wiring looked like?

161 - 173 of 173 Posts
About this Discussion
172 Replies
53 Participants
efishnsea3516
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing