Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
None; it just allows the truck to carry the payload using less suspension travel. If a person almost always used the truck loaded near or to max payload the truck would prob handle and drive better since there would be a little travel left and not riding on the bump stops.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iam putting a all terrain camper on the back and want it to sit level. It wieghts around 1000 pounds. I aready have a addaleaf back there.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That would be a good useage of an AAL, to bring back to stock height a vehicle that will have a semi-permanent load.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Kind of too bad to have to stiffen the ride by adding leaves.

You might want to consider adding air bags to the rear of the truck so you will have the smooth ride and be able to adjust the capacity as needed.

I think the leaf would add maybe an inch of height permanently to the rear of the truck. A lot of people seem to be wanting to level their trucks by adding a leveling kit to the front.

Personally, I kind of like having a low-rider pickup and that's one of the things I like about it. I think Toyota made a step in the right direction when they went low-to-the-ground with the Tundra.

Good luck with you leaf addition if that's the way you decide to go. Too bad they didn't make a true 3/4 ton Tundra for situtations where the stock truck just won't get the job done.

·
Registered
145 Posts
t
How much payload does an addaleaf add to a 05 doublecab? Anyone know???
You might want to check out the thread started by Radicalwillie with the pics of his new camper.

He had some springs installed to help with his camper and they look like a great solution. :tu:

Willie also gave a link to the website where he got them so you may well want to check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts