Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I found someone selling the factory OEM auto dimming mirror on Ebay for 90.00 shipped. Anyone who has lookedd for these know they cost 200+. He has two more available,I got mine already and its awesome. Sorry, no, it doesn't have the back up camera.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Scored the last one. Been wanting to add this for a long time and the price is right now to do it.

Bill

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2010 TRD SR5 D/C comes prewired for this mirror?
Dunno about the 2010, but my '07 did. The connector was tucked under the headliner above the windshield. I have my radar detector power from it.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the harness plugs in behind the sunglasses holder. You will have to remove the overhead assembly. There is a harness for the Bluetooth mic and auto dimming mirror with or without back up camera.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone already installed theirs? If so, how did it go? Were the instructions that were mailed any good? Is there anything that you would add to the instructions. I will be ordering mine in about 48 hours. I have been wanting one of these for a while.
Thank you mike7311. Points coming your way!

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
No problem. I ordered mine this morning along with the jumper harness.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
No problem. I ordered mine this morning along with the jumper harness.
Mine is an "07 SR5 so I'm assuming I don't need anything extra right?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Plug and play for you. The 2010 requires a jumper harness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone already installed theirs? If so, how did it go? Were the instructions that were mailed any good? Is there anything that you would add to the instructions. I will be ordering mine in about 48 hours. I have been wanting one of these for a while.
Thank you mike7311. Points coming your way!
Instructions are posted on the TDR Sparks link above.
Check the upper right corner of the web page.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I bought mine from a member on this site and it's confirmed you need the little harness but once you get that it's totally plug and play! I love mine!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have installed mine and it works great. This ebay seller also gives you the printed directions from Toyota. 10 minute install, endless satisfaction.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I have installed mine and it works great. This ebay seller also gives you the printed directions from Toyota. 10 minute install, endless satisfaction.
Damn you just ordered that thing, and it's already installed?? Crazy! So what you basically just take the upper console thing out and let the headliner sag a bit? I'm guessing it super easy but until I found this forum I never did anything to vehicles on my own.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just ordered mine. What a great find. I've been wanting this for a while. I called a local dealer first to see if they would price match and they said that would be impossible. Cant wait to get my hand on it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I bought mine from a member on this site and it's confirmed you need the little harness but once you get that it's totally plug and play! I love mine!

Where do we get this harness from?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts