Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone else conquered the sub in storage compartment challenge willing to share their knowledge? Wanting to do this in the next 30-60 days....Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Freebird - I've just started my research on how to pull this off in my 05 Tundra double cab. Im going to get the truck in a few weeks so I'm trying to plan out everything now. Just letting you know you are not alone!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put one of these over the trans hump in the back seat. L7 QB8 Loaded Enclosure I fires with the subs towards the doors. I lost the center seat in the back, but I never have that many people in my truck anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didnt cut any hole into the bed of my truck. I agree that would be a horrible Idea. Like I was saying, I calculated and discovered that it was possible to cut out a rectangular section of material under the two rear seats in my 2006 DC that would not only provide enough room to accomodate two 10" dia subs, but would also be deep enough to provide the minimum volume requirements for my given type of subs...2 10 inch rockford P3 shallow series dual 4ohm VC's. I had to remove the plastic coverings under the rear seats to gain enough clearance for the subwoofers trim rings, but you would want to remove these anyways as they only hurt the sound, would vibrated and buzz, and its impossible to tell that they are missing when the seats are folded back in their regular position. This mod also didnt effect any of the primary structure of the truck or seat mounts. I wish I had a better picture of the subs themselves here on my work machine but I dont. Anyways its a TOTAL stealth install. Once seats are down you cant find ANY of the stereo components. The crossovers, audiocontrol DXQS EQ, Capacitor, Two channel amp, 4 Channel amp, Any of the 6 patch cables or customer speaker wire to each door, the inifinity components in the doors etc. The only thing that appears out of stock is the Alpine Head unit.
But how does that sound having those two subs in a small area like that?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts