Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add the backup camera and monitor to my 2010 crewmax (no navigation).

For the camera, I want to use the OEM camera that built into the tailgate handle.
For the monitor, I want to use the origial OEM monitor (not the flip down one)

When I put the tailgate down, I can see the white plug for the camera. Ive also seen many instructions that say theres another plug behind the sunglass storeage compartment that I assume is a plug and play.

My question is this. Can I just buy and Install the OEM parts that I have listed above????

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yes you can. I opted for the oem flip down monitor, but its still the same process. Its a really simple install.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yup. You sure can. Hardest part is finding an OEM tailgate handle/camera.
Yup. They asre about as easy to find as rocking horse poop. Rostra make a version, but it is not as OEM looking as the original and it is also overpriced (market forces at work). To be honest, I was going to see if I could get my cheapy camera chopped down to fit inside a camera ready tailgate handle.

My cheapy came with the fixed in monitor that replaces the sunglasses holder (not sure if monitor is OEM, but looks just like it) and a generic camera (not OEM looking at all) for 100 bucks. Better than the 700 plus you could be facing.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Rostra make a version, but it is not as OEM looking as the original and it is also overpriced (market forces at work).

Rostra cameras are reasonably priced at $168.54 here
3.5" Harness, Monitor Power / Dual Input

They look pretty good when installed correctly also. Not exactly sure what Fragman is talking about :beatsme:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts