Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-

I did a search and did not find any answers so I would like to post this question:

We have a 2008 XLE Sienna and I wanted to see if I could add either the factory backup camera or an aftermarket one. Has anyone done this and if so, could you shed some light on what and how you did it? I have the factory backup camera on my Tundra and love it and I wanted to get one for our van and my wife to use. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Bill

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I may have the answer in a month. I got one of the mirror monitors and universal camera for my moms 06.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son purchased an 04 Sienna in 08 from a dealer in Fredrick, MD and added an aftermarket GPS, radio/CD player that included a back up camera ( color display). It works great. The aftermarket unit replaces the whole Entertainment panel that is now a black screen when not on. It also means the panel swings up to load CD's. The navigation works great for travel and the back-up screen lights up when shifted into reverse. It's very helpful and should be std. equipment. The final appearance is good but not the appearance and fit that of an OEM dash. It was dealer installed ( or they jobbed it out?) and when they threaded the camera wiring into the back door ( camera is just above the license plate) they tore the flexible wiring boot at the top of the door that allowed water to leak in. Since my son had since moved to VA ( 50miles) we repaired the tear and sealed it for a watertight fit with GE silicone caulk / sealer three years ago and it has not leaked since. Aftermarket back up camera's available, but I have no specific knowledge of their specifics. I would be interested in one for my 08 Sienna if anyone has successful expereince.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts