Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 2wd base model tundra with the V-6 with automatic transmission, and I would like to add cruise control to it for longer trips.I'm wondering if it can be done? and if so how hard would it be to do?I have called around to a couple of salvage yards and have located some parts for the access cab and I am finding some parts for good prices. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would skip trying to add a factory one and get an aftermarket one. Quick goggle shows this.
Or check some local stereo auto stores.
I had a 2000 V6 base model. And a aftermarket worked great for the 10 years I had the truck. Previous owner had it installed and dont remember the brand name.
Your truck has a different computer and not setup for cruise. That is what dealer and other shops told me when I wanted to add factory power windows. Think you will run into the same with cruise control.
I ended up figuring it out and doing it myself. But that is a different story.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would skip trying to add a factory one and get an aftermarket one. Quick goggle shows this.
Or check some local stereo auto stores.
I had a 2000 V6 base model. And a aftermarket worked great for the 10 years I had the truck. Previous owner had it installed and dont remember the brand name.
Your truck has a different computer and not setup for cruise. That is what dealer and other shops told me when I wanted to add factory power windows. Think you will run into the same with cruise control.
I ended up figuring it out and doing it myself. But that is a different story.
Rayh78,Thanks for the info, I will shop for a aftermarket one then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts