Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2010 DC but it doesn't have the electric sliding rear window option. Anybody know if it can be purchased and installed after the fact? My '04 DC had the electric rear window and I'm missing it!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
UP and down slider? or side to side type? up and down cant work on the DC trucks, only crewmax. several aftermarket places have the aftermarket slider for side to side for that center section but they can get pricey.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for side to side for the middle section. I'm wondering if the trucks are pre-wired for the motor, switch, etc? Haven't asked the dealer yet if they even sell the parts and if so, how much. Thought maybe someone has already asked or better yet, has anyone installed it themselves.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Let us know what you find out. It would be a great option for me, I love having the rear window open on a nice evening ride!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know about Toyota, but when I looked to do it on my last Dodge, the entire rear window assembly had to be replaced. Plus the motor etc.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah. last time this question was asked for the side to side question, i "think" it was determined it was not prewired and was 700 or 800 for the glass alone. or i could be totally making that up. get an aftermarket one and be done with it if you want it.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
yeah. last time this question was asked for the side to side question, i "think" it was determined it was not prewired and was 700 or 800 for the glass alone. or i could be totally making that up. get an aftermarket one and be done with it if you want it.
That's about what I remember too!!
Even the standard window is really expensive. There have been a couple of threads about broken sliders and I think the stock replacement was close to $500.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts