Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hands on some Limited Visors with the mirrors and lights to replace my stock ones, which have neither. The problem is that there is no electrical harness I can see where I can hook up the new visors. I took out the old ones and dropped the corner of the headliner, but didnt see anything.
Has anyone tried this swap with any success?
My truck is an 07 RCSB.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
OOOOO ahhhh its hard. Your gonna need to get wiring and the buttons for power heat/fold features. Sorry idk how to do it though

·
Registered
848 Posts
OOOOO ahhhh its hard. Your gonna need to get wiring and the buttons for power heat/fold features. Sorry idk how to do it though

i think he means that he is looking for the wires for the lights in the visors .. i bet toyota didnt put the wires there because single cabs didnt have the lights from the factory .. so i would just wire it up to the fuse box in a open port ..

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
oh crap. someone did that a while back and i cant find the thread. his was kinda mismatched (as in gray in tan or something weird) but i "thought" the wiring was already there...might be wrong tho...hopefully they will chime in....

·
Registered
520 Posts
All you should need on that is a ground and a constant 12V. If you can't find the wires, tie it in somewhere else with a fuse.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping for a plug and play type thing but no dice I suppose. Another issue is that the wires exit where the visor mounts on the outside corner and the truck doesnt have any room for these wires to go. Its "capped" off so to speak. I guess I will have to carefully drill out those caps so the wires have somewhere to go

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to bump this back up before it gets lost in the pages. Anybody else here try this upgrade?

I will likely wire them in but like I said before, it looks like some metal will have to be cut to work :(

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
that was the one i was looking for. i thought it was prewired but its not. oops. but still its not that big of a deal to run wires from the console like he did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a chance that only the RC are not pre-wired with a wire pass-thru, since I don't think you can get a limited RC. I have planned on checking behind my headliner for wires, since I have the DC, but have not gotten to it. Running 12v from the upper console would not be that hard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts