Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I've got a 2013 SR5 Sequoia and we have the stock 4 parking sonar sensors on the rear bumper, but my wife would really prefer to also have the (2) on the front bumper (I know there are tons of cons for this). I'm wanting to keep the look as stock and clean as possible. I have a couple of questions that I need help answering:

1) Is my vehicle pre-wired for this? I have read that you need to have the appropriate parking assist clearance computer (the one that sits behind the glove box). When I searched, the part #'s are the same for all trim models for the 2013 year.....(I've attached the diagram for the parking clearance assist below).

2) Assuming I have the proper pre-wiring and the correct computer, can I add the two front sensors and it be plug and play at this point?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if this is in another thread. I've searched for hours and still have not really found a straight answer. Thanks everyone!

1622578016360.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not have an answer to your question but in regards to the front sensors, I wanted to mention one thing.
The front sensors, where located when installed from the factory, do not provide feedback for objects directly in front of the vehicle. They are aimed more so to provide feedback for objects on the sides of the front of the vehicle. I mention this as it may not be worth the time and effort to add the front sensors if you are looking for them to provide feedback for objects directly in front of the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts