Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new (to me) '08 Sequoia SR5 with the standard head unit. There is a "AM/SAT" button. Does this make the head unit "satellite radio ready"?

If so, then what components do I need to use with the head unit and can be worked with the radio buttons on the steering wheel and the channel/artist/song info show up on the head unit display?

I have a portable Sirius tuner that I would like to be able to use but have it able to be quickly removed and used in the house or another vehicle. I checked TSS-radio and upgrademytoyota.com with no luck. Everthing is for head units with the nav display.

I know this is the Tundra forum, but I wanted to ask people who actually work on their trucks. Haven't got any responses from the Sequoia forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just bought a new (to me) '08 Sequoia SR5 with the standard head unit. There is a "AM/SAT" button. Does this make the head unit "satellite radio ready"?

If so, then what components do I need to use with the head unit and can be worked with the radio buttons on the steering wheel and the channel/artist/song info show up on the head unit display?

I have a portable Sirius tuner that I would like to be able to use but have it able to be quickly removed and used in the house or another vehicle. I checked TSS-radio and upgrademytoyota.com with no luck. Everthing is for head units with the nav display.

I know this is the Tundra forum, but I wanted to ask people who actually work on their trucks. Haven't got any responses from the Sequoia forum.

here ya go ...can't use portable with wheel controls .you will need to do either install hard wired or removable. I have done the removable option if you need more info on it let me know.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/135336-diy-sirius-satellite-installation/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts