Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of refinancing my truck through my credit union and they offered me a fully tranfserable bumper to bumper warrenty at the certified shop of my choice (including toyota) w/ full roadside assistance/towing/unlock/refill/ 3 nights hotel if over 100 miles from home/ rental reimbursment/ blah blah blah either way I would be covered 6 more years (sept 2016) and 1255xx miles and if I don't use it in the next 6 years. Then I get it ALL back... ($1350) They are sending me all the small print for me to read and I have 60 days to call my credit union back and say "take this off the balance of my loan" and then waalaa. It's off.
It kinda seems to good to be true but I'll decide when I get it in the mail and read over it. Have any of you ever run into this kind of extended warrenty before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: ADDITIONAL 6yr/100000 warrenty

With my 2006 Mustang GT, I got offered the extended 5 year warranty through my Ford Stealership when I was getting close to my 36k/3 Year warranty, but declined. The only issue is that it wasn't bumper to bumper, but just powertrain. IMO, had it been bumper to bumper, I think I would of gone with it. My only thing was, and is that if something would go wrong I would just updgrade to something better. Plus, being stock isn't fun at all! If you feel that you need it, then go with it.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts

I am in the process of refinancing my truck through my credit union and they offered me a fully tranfserable bumper to bumper warrenty at the certified shop of my choice (including toyota) w/ full roadside assistance/towing/unlock/refill/ 3 nights hotel if over 100 miles from home/ rental reimbursment/ blah blah blah either way I would be covered 6 more years (sept 2016) and 1255xx miles and if I don't use it in the next 6 years. Then I get it ALL back... ($1350) They are sending me all the small print for me to read and I have 60 days to call my credit union back and say "take this off the balance of my loan" and then waalaa. It's off.
It kinda seems to good to be true but I'll decide when I get it in the mail and read over it. Have any of you ever run into this kind of extended warrenty before?
Sounds too good to be true. Have you googled the company name and ran it through Ripoff Report aka "Bad Business Bureau" to see if they are legit? Surely they are if your credit union offers it.
Ripoff Report | Scams, consumer complaints, and frauds reported.
I'd buy it, considering the way I drive my truck.

·
Registered
819 Posts

If the warranty checks out, get it.

·
Registered
456 Posts

That sounds like a great deal! I'd go for it if you plan to keep the truck.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

So I recieved my paperwork in the mail from my credit union today and the company that does the warrenty is Warrenty Direct. They seem legit and my credit union says they have been offering this to all their loan customers for years.
https://www.warrantydirect.com/
I guess the next 100k "peace of mind" is worth the $1350 for me. lol

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
WARNING!
I used them for my wifes Lexus and all was good until we tried to service the car under the warranty. They pulled all the old Lexus records for the car and ANYTHING that had ever been commented on, diagnosed or fixed before on the car was NOT covered!! They claimed it was either pre-existing or had not been properly repaired when it was noted beofre. If you know the records for the truck, then you should know what's in the reocrds, if not, get them from Toyota and look through them. My issue was the power steering pump fail (as all of our LS's have), but I had compleined to Lexus about it previously. The warranty company sent out someone to look over the repair request and that's when they claimed I had not fixed it way back when I first noticed a potential issue....claimed a preexisting condition.
Just ask allot of questions and record the conversation if you can in your state. I at least got a partial refund on the warranty price, but would not have if I did not have hard evidence of previous "promises and claims".

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you very much everyone for you concern. It made me to do some more research.
This company is owned my Mercury Insurance Group (accredited by the BBB since 1994) and this extended warrenty is offered my several credit unions, banks, and even dealers accross country. But either way, here is a list of what is NOT covered...

Audio speakers, Batteries, Body panels, Body seals,
Bumpers, Cables, Carpeting, Clamps,
Fasteners, Convertible tops and their mechanisms,
Exhaust and emission system components, Gasoline
fuel injectors that do not have an electrical failure,
Glass, Insulation, Hoses, Lines and fittings (except
brake lines and fittings), Mirrors, Manual clutch
components, Paint, Passenger restraint system, Seats,
Secondary ignition components, Soft trim/moldings or
appearance items, Suspension springs, Telephones,
Torsion bars, Upholstery, Weather stripping, Wheel lug
nuts/studs, Wheels, Wheel covers, Internet computer,
Navigation system, Video components, Heads-up
display and Night vision systems.
Also specifically excluded are normal maintenance
and service items, alignments, adjustments, fuses,
lights/bulbs/lenses, accessory drive belts, brake pads
and shoes, brake drums and rotors, shock absorbers,
struts and any component not supplied as original
equipment by the vehicle manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Looks like things such as u-joints, carrier bearings, wheel bearings and component failure inside the engine, transmission and rear end are covered. If your tranny dies, this warranty will more than pay for itself instantly. I would consider buying it outright for myself. What is the deductible per incident?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts