Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Still negatioting with my local dealer, where can I buy a 07 Crewmax Limited 5.7L 4x2 at invoice and no high admin fee? I'm willing to ortder one and wait on it? I can fly drive with in a 1,000 radius..

thanks

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That's not an SET fee, SET won't see a penny of it, it is just a greedy dealers way of getting more money out of you.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That's not an SET fee, SET won't see a penny of it, it is just a greedy dealers way of getting more money out of you.
not that i agree with that bull **** fee but if he is buying the truck at invoice, the dealer aint being too greedy, lol

Doc fee are the only thing I have seen in California,and they are the same everywhere, a bargain at $55

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manuf delivery, Proc & Handling $695.00 plus

Admin Fee South Eastern Toyota dealers $750.00 Bull****...

There is a $1,000 Manufacture to Dealer incentive on all Tundra's now plus dealer has Hold back..

They aren't losing money, :cool:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If ya get a copy of invoice price you will have 2 charges on it that no body wants to deal on!! i forgot the codes but 1. Charge for setting on dealers lot & 2. Marketing/Advertisement and everyone pays them!! both over 1K EACH!! they hide them in their really well but i asked the fleet manager when i bought mine at 400.00 above invoice HEY what are these and he told me they were non negotiable even for them if they were to purchase??:td:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
not that i agree with that bull **** fee but if he is buying the truck at invoice, the dealer aint being too greedy, lol

Doc fee are the only thing I have seen in California,and they are the same everywhere, a bargain at $55
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Instead of just moving the money around; just state to customer that we can sell it to you at 750.00 over versus we are selling at invoilce but charging you 750.00 to fill out the paperwork. My post was not really about the dealers greed,even though I stated as such, but that SET had nothing to do with the admin fee, nor does Toyota. Dealers are pretty much free to do as they please as long as it is not illegal. Dealers should just call it additional dealer mark-up, and state that it is the dealers opinion that the market can support it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If ya get a copy of invoice price you will have 2 charges on it that no body wants to deal on!! i forgot the codes but 1. Charge for setting on dealers lot & 2. Marketing/Advertisement and everyone pays them!! both over 1K EACH!! they hide them in their really well but i asked the fleet manager when i bought mine at 400.00 above invoice HEY what are these and he told me they were non negotiable even for them if they were to purchase??:td:
just curious, but if you are seeing the invoice how do they hide the fees?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I ordered a Ford product using the x-plan, the dealer show's you the real invoice. I get to buy the vehicle for $300.00 below invoice and on the sheet is D-plan (Employee's price) which is usually $1,000-$1,200 below invoice.

That's why I bought so many Ford vehicles, I always got the best deal..I'm not sure about my Toyota dealer. How can I make sure I'm getting invoice?

The sales manager printed me out a Consumer sheet,

It has Invoice price and MSRP listed.

It lists the options I chose and at the bottom of the paper is:

https://vehiclelocator.setbuyatoyota.com/consumerssheet.aspx?dealerCode=60963PCH0P

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey,

Still negatioting with my local dealer, where can I buy a 07 Crewmax Limited 5.7L 4x2 at invoice and no high admin fee? I'm willing to ortder one and wait on it? I can fly drive with in a 1,000 radius..

thanks
Try Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville NC. They dont show any Crewmax's in stock as you want but here are sample prices of DC. Prices are MSRP and selling price. No dealer doc fees added.

2007 4x4 Double Cab Limited Large (6 Speed Automatic)-8352 Black Red Rock Immediately $39,526$35,351

2007 4x4 Double Cab Limited Large (6 Speed Automatic)-8352 Super White Red Rock 04/07/07 $39,461$35,302

2007 4x4 Double Cab Limited Large (6 Speed Automatic)-8352 Black Graphite Leather 04/30/07 $40,484$36,117

2007 4x4 Double Cab Limited Large (6 Speed Automatic)-8352 Silver Sky Metallic Red Rock 05/05/07 $39,590$35,390

2007 4x4 Double Cab Limited Large (6 Speed Automatic)-8352 Nautical Blue Metallic Graphite Leather 05/11/07 $39,461$35,296

·
Registered
528 Posts
Doing paperwork is hardwork....well worth $750 or whatever the figure was.

Tell them you will give them an hour of your time to make copies, make coffee, be a desk-well attendant, hang out in the break room, and browse the internet. That should take care of the admin fee.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is an SET fee in the SET area. Even if you build the truck on Toyota's web site it shows the SET fee. This is because Toyota allows an independent distributor to have a monopoly of the south and lets them charge this fee on top of the money they are making selling the car. That is why if you build a truck on Edmunds or any other site they ask if you are in the SET area. As for the marketing fee that is a BS fee that the dealer is charging you for local marketing. That is not a Toyota fee it is your dealer screwing you and making you pay for their advertising.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oh and the hell if I would pay a $1,000 plus fee for the truck sitting on the dealers lot. If the truck isn't selling they should give you $1,000 off to buy the truck. Both those fees you mentioned are total Bull $hit. I would tell that dealer he can keep the truck and go buy it somewhere else.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
I previously shared an Excel file which calculates true cost and dealer profit on the Tundra. Simply do your research on Edmunds.com to get the real invoice and MSRP prices, find out what incentives exist, then add this info to the Excel file and it shows you how much the dealer would make if they sell at MSRP, invoice, or somewhere in between. The file includes all the bull**** fees too just in case you let your dealer charge them.

I took my laptop in, showed the sales guy the numbers before he even started filling in his magic worksheet, then told him my one and only offer price. He didn't meet it on the first night so I left. I was mad and worried that I would lose the only truck in my region which was configured the way I liked it. Overnight I thought maybe I was too hard on them. The next morning they called me back and we negotiated all day to end up $200 above my initial demand price.

Works like a charm regardless of what you are willing to pay. Just get all the facts on paper and preferably have Excel on your laptop in the showroom so you can punch in the numbers on the spot and show him the real facts which cut through all the BS of his various offers.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
just curious, but if you are seeing the invoice how do they hide the fees?
they produced some lame unreadable invoice that had been photo copied 14K times and basically they arent hiding anything they are hoping you will not ask!! the fees are coded out as options,one of them i believe is TD or TA and forgot what the other one was but they told me NO DEAL you pay or no play!!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Oh and the hell if I would pay a $1,000 plus fee for the truck sitting on the dealers lot. If the truck isn't selling they should give you $1,000 off to buy the truck. Both those fees you mentioned are total Bull $hit. I would tell that dealer he can keep the truck and go buy it somewhere else.
most people do not even see dealer invoice sheet, so how do they know what they are being charged? they do not and if you are getting outta paying both of those fees let me know where you did this cause i might trade next year if they put a real bed on the C/M!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doing paperwork is hardwork....well worth $750 or whatever the figure was.

Tell them you will give them an hour of your time to make copies, make coffee, be a desk-well attendant, hang out in the break room, and browse the internet. That should take care of the admin fee.
Think I can get away with that, I would to save the fee..:D

My local dealer printed out a sheet showing invoice and MSRP price for another vehicle I had configured with 4x4. I decided to get a 4x2, waiting on price.

I checked Edmunds, KBB, and NADA against the invoice price the dealer gave me and it was on target with them????

I got a price from Aaron at Jim Barkley today. MSRP $49,531.00 Purchase price $45,788, No FET fee's listed. Seems like a fair price.. Still waiting on my local dealer for price, supossed to get a price today..I got something to compare my local dealer with now..

Does anybody know exactly what options are only put on at the port or by dealer and what options are available to be put on by the Factory? I wanted all my options put on at the factory, but I was told you can't?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Instead of just moving the money around; just state to customer that we can sell it to you at 750.00 over versus we are selling at invoilce but charging you 750.00 to fill out the paperwork. My post was not really about the dealers greed,even though I stated as such, but that SET had nothing to do with the admin fee, nor does Toyota. Dealers are pretty much free to do as they please as long as it is not illegal. Dealers should just call it additional dealer mark-up, and state that it is the dealers opinion that the market can support it.
agree with you, I totally believe it is BS

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
you know what, all that really matters is bottom line out the door price and if you feel it is a good deal.

Whether a dealer sells the truck to you for 500 under and charges 500 for admin

or sells it to you for invoice and doesnt charge a fee at all, it is still the same price

You can try to negotiate away a fee all day long but again, what does it matter, bottom line is bottom line. What you end up paying total is what you should be negotiating.

So much gets hyped up on how much you think a dealer is making, whether you want to believe it or not, plenty of cars and trucks are sold at a TRUE LOSS. And on occasion, cars and trucks are sold at a tremendous profit. Dealers are in business to make money, just like all of you.

I can say for sure that I am glad that i dont have to try and explain a $750 admin fee. lol

My job is hard enough already.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Think I can get away with that, I would to save the fee..:D

My local dealer printed out a sheet showing invoice and MSRP price for another vehicle I had configured with 4x4. I decided to get a 4x2, waiting on price.

I checked Edmunds, KBB, and NADA against the invoice price the dealer gave me and it was on target with them????

I got a price from Aaron at Jim Barkley today. MSRP $49,531.00 Purchase price $45,788, No FET fee's listed. Seems like a fair price.. Still waiting on my local dealer for price, supossed to get a price today..I got something to compare my local dealer with now..

Does anybody know exactly what options are only put on at the port or by dealer and what options are available to be put on by the Factory? I wanted all my options put on at the factory, but I was told you can't?
correct, some are put on at the factory and some the port, It is still toyota people doing it but in two different locations. They dont bother with floor mats at the factory, lmao

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
correct, some are put on at the factory and some the port, It is still toyota people doing it but in two different locations. They dont bother with floor mats at the factory, lmao
I'm looking for the best price. When I'm in the market for a new vehicle.
I call local and other dealers in usually a 0 - 4 hour radius from where I live and ask for their bottom line price for the same spec'd truck. I decide the best price, travel cost, etc and make a decision. What I don't like is being toyed ( no pun intended) around with for a few days waiting on a price. I'm not asking them to lose money, it's their decison on how much they decide they have to make on "My" deal. I don't like the lying from a sales person or the lack of knowledge on options to choose from the sales person. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts