Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2005 DC the Undercover will work well, and is virtually indestructable. However it doesn't offer the flexibility of a folding tonneau. Advantage offers the flexibility, but we are concerned about the durability.

So even though it means Beating a Perished Equestrian's Mount........

We have come down to choosing between the UNDERCOVER and the Advantage HARD HAT Premier.

Lots of Undercover posts, but a limited amount of input on the Advantage Hard Hat Premier.

IT's Advantage Hard Hat vs. Undercover. Please chime up fellas... your all I've got, my wife doesn't understand you know...:ts:

Definitely, 2-Dry.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Geez, Never mind then. Just not feeling the love...

:cry:

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I have the regular hard hat and I like it. It's pretty solid and I haven't had any problems with it at all. It does appear that the center panel is sagging a little bit since it has less support than the end panels, but it's not really noticable. Very easy to install or remove and nice to be able to fold it out of the way without removing it when that is all the space you need.

I take it back. I just went to look at it again and it is not the center panel that is sagging, it is still very rigid. Actually it is the two joints between the panels where it seems to sag a bit. The fabric is not attached to the hard panels there though so it remains tight and flat and I only notice it sometimes in the rear view mirror when the wind pushes the fabric against the panels.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have neither but will be getting the undercover. I feel it is a better deal because it's lightweight and durable. It's easy to take off and on and won't have to worry about waxing or paint chipping. You are also able to stand on it and it matches the trucks lines pretty well. Just my two cents. Before I was looking into getting an ARE or LEER but decided the price and up keep were to high.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because we are concerned about not being flexible enough for our spontaneous purchases and life style.., IMO the only thing that the undercover doesn't offer, I think the Undercover is the best product.

Yet the bakflip type, fold -a-cover, peragon, rabbit, rolltrax, and other "hard" tonneaus don't have the same "waterproofing capability" as the Undercover and the Advantage Hard Hat... Most have the hardware left on the truck thing as well.

Sounds like you were looking at a solid anyway, not a folding/rolling.
For a cover that's under $800 you'd think the flexibility and durability would have a melting point at which they would come together?

They sales guy told us about the ripple of the Hard Hat fabric in the wind... but flexibility aside the Undercover is bulletproof.

JOHNNY-5 NEED MORE INPUT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts