Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the Aero Mufflers? Any exhaust experts please chime in.
I went into the closest exhaust shop today to get a quote to install my future powersticks and the guy brings out this Aero Muffler and asks me if it's similar to the Powerstick. I must admit that the design intrigued me. He didn't say much about it or try and sell it to me so I came home to do some home work and found their web site. here: http://www.aeroexhaust.com/index.php/mufflers/truck-exhaust/3030-truck-and-suv-performance-exhaust.html

Just curious if anyone has ever tried these and if they've had any experience with them????

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so I found a couple of audio clips on YouTube and these things sound good! Yikes!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had a single AT3030XL on my 2000 Ram and absolutely loved it. I have asked the same question in the past also...
Kinna pricey compared to the CC but they are SS

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a single AT3030XL on my 2000 Ram and absolutely loved it. I have asked the same question in the past also...
Kinna pricey compared to the CC but they are SS

I got a quote today for $270 insalled for the AT3030. Quote on the powersticks is about $250....just not sure which to go with~!

·
Registered
183 Posts
uhh $250 just FOR the install?Have you shopped around for install.I got lucky and found a great shop that has few installs for me.It was 60 for a Y-Pipe and Install for my single Powerstick.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I've used the 3030xl on other trucks and liked it, but I do admit it sounded very similar to a mid sized magnaflow (which is much less expensive).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
uhh $250 just FOR the install?Have you shopped around for install.I got lucky and found a great shop that has few installs for me.It was 60 for a Y-Pipe and Install for my single Powerstick.
$270 forthe Aero Exhaust...the pipe alone is $195 +$35 for the "Y" pipe I want and the rest is install fee$$.

He quoted me $100 install for the Powerstick if that's what I wanted, but again with "Y" ($30) and also resonator. Which is a little bit steep, but what I was expecting. + about $140 for purchase of Powersticks through Classic Chambered. Total out of pocket is $270 also, not 250...sorry

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've used the 3030xl on other trucks and liked it, but I do admit it sounded very similar to a mid sized magnaflow (which is much less expensive).

The 3030 & the 3030XL are TWO different beasts. The XL is comparable to stock muffler and considered a replacment for stock parts. It has packing. The 3030 is a straight through design, no packing, very aggressive.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I've made my decision!!!...I'm going with the Aero Exhaust. Not very impressed with the customer service from Classic Chambered. Aero will be on next Tuesday. I'll post pics and vids of it when install is complete~!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the 3030 and resonator on my 04 dodge with 5.7...very agressive, awesome sound...i even looked in to getting the new 3030xl for my '10 tundra...please post how you like is, as im already leaning toward the AERO..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The results are in~!:D
I love this exhaust...exactly what I was looking for. Of course, the rebel side of me wants it LOUDER!!!....but the peacable, wife loving, side thinks it's perfect!:tu:

No Dreaded Droan;) + Looks sharp (Stainless steel)

Please note that my exhaust tip actually dims this down abit + using Canon digital still camera for video....my darn Sony handycam quite working today??? (only worked for two seconds, sonds way better but coulnd't use the footage:rolleyes:)

enjoy pics and video

AEROTURBINEEXHAUST.flv video by sneekeemt - Photobucket

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, so lets have the specs:

Model number?
Muffler or resonator or both?
Size?
price?

·
Registered